Cyclone Garage Door Screen

212Pilot

Five days on the ALCAN Highway from Utah to Alaska and the only problem I have found is the Garage Door Screen completely unrolled and will not go back up. I think it is a wireless system. Before I unload everything to get at it, does anyone know if there is a manual method to roll the screen up?

UPDATE 3/31/17: I took the screen unit down today and found the power wires chafed on a metal edge then cut through completely. The screen is labeled SunTraxxRV I believe when the wires chafed and contacted the metal cover it caused the screen to roll all the way out then twisted the motor mount (a small tab) until the wires broke.

The FIX: I soldered a three prong connector to each end of the broken wires and added some shrink tubing to protect it. Repaired the Motor Mount. Rolled the screen back onto the roller tube. Reinserted the motor and routed the wires through the opening in the front of the casing instead of the end where the motor mounts. Rehung the unit and plugged it in... it worked.

Screen2.jpgScreen3.jpgScreen4.jpg

Last edited:

OEFVET

Not sure what year and model you have. My Cyclone has the four season folding doors that have velcro holding the plastic window over the screens.

212Pilot

Not sure what year and model you have. My Cyclone has the four season folding doors that have velcro holding the plastic window over the screens.

I have a 2017 Cyclone 3800. We opted for the screen vs the 3 season doors.

OEFVET

I may be wrong but I think your screen door is spring loaded. Maybe you have to roll it up manually and spin it several times to get the spring tension back.

212Pilot

I may be wrong but I think your screen door is spring loaded. Maybe you have to roll it up manually and spin it several times to get the spring tension back.

No, its electric and has a wall switch and a remote control, neither are rolling it up. The lights on the wall switch work but the motor does not operate.

212Pilot

Where in Alaska do you live?

Currently in Valdez. This is our first year full time in the RV. I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, during my off time we plan to travel the road system but will spend time in Eagle River where we lived for the past 9 Years. How about you?

Wk15

Currently in Valdez. This is our first year full time in the RV. I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, during my off time we plan to travel the road system but will spend time in Eagle River where we lived for the past 9 Years. How about you?

I live in Eagle River. Camp a lot at the Knik River