Glass/Mirrors in Bedroom sliding doors can pop out during travel.

Chippendale

I arrived at an RV park this afternoon after a drive down a rather rough highway and found that one of the decorative glass mirrors in one of my sliding closet doors had popped out and broken inside the closet. On inspection, I found that all that was holding it on to the door was small metal tabs like you will find holding glass into cheap picture frames. Suggest everyone check their closet doors and maybe change out the method of attachment.

jimtoo

Thanks for letting us know George. I will be checking mine. But of course we don't have rough roads in Texas,, so you must be in Louisiana or Oklahoma.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

Our solution was to simply remove them from the trailer. No need for them and we no longer play the closet door shuffle.

Chippendale

Thanks for letting us know George. I will be checking mine. But of course we don't have rough roads in Texas,, so you must be in Louisiana or Oklahoma.

Jim M

Jim, I hate to tell you, but most of the highway between LaGrange and Columbus must have been built with LA or OK concrete because I have noticed that it has gotten progressively rougher the last few years. Actually, I-10 between Orange and Lafayette is now pretty good, they must have purchased some new Texas concrete, but since I still have to drive through Beaumont (on my way to the Kinder rally) I have a chance of being able to match the glass in the other door. Just thought it might be a good idea to warn people to check the "tabs" that are holding the glass into their doors.

jbeletti

George - sorry to hear about your mirror. I don't recall hearing this happen to anyone before. As a suggesting, consider adding a bead or at least a few dabs here and there of silicone rubber on the backside of the mirror where it meets the wood. That will surely keep it in there.

Thanks for the warning for others.

mixie57

George - sorry to hear about your mirror. I don't recall hearing this happen to anyone before. As a suggesting, consider adding a bead or at least a few dabs here and there of silicone rubber on the backside of the mirror where it meets the wood. That will surely keep it in there.

Thanks for the warning for others.

Our last stop in Georgia, we noticed one of our mirrors had separated from the door. The roads had been rough, (not as bad as Indiana), but I just don't know how this happened as I had to use flat blade screwdriver to move tabs up and slip the mirror back in. I bent them down and hope we are good for a couple of years. We have added this to our maintenance checklist; which seems to be getting longer the more we travel full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk