2006 Landmark Roof Construction

Sparkie

Does anybody have knowledge of the roof construction on the 2006 Landmarks. I know they had the aluminum trusses. I believe it was then layered with particle board then luan and then the EPDM covering. I need to know if this is correct and also what the thickness is of the luan, particle board and the thickness of the top of the aluminum truss.
I have a section of my roof that has delaminated. I'm going to screw down 8' lengths of 1" wide metal trim molding on top of the trusses. I need to figure out what length of sheet metal screws to use. I want to avoid hitting any wires. The trim is 1/4" thick. I believe the particle board is 3/8" thick. I would guess that the truss is 1/4" thick and the EPDM 1/8" thick. I don't know how thick the luan is. I'm guessing 1/8" thick. So, I think a 1 1/4" screw should work.
Any help or suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks
Sparkie

jbeletti

Sparkie,

Welcome to the forum!

Unsure if anyone on the forum that has a Landmark built in year 2 of production has tore into their roof to know the precise dimensions you need. I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service on Monday. They may be able to dig up some detail for you.

jbeletti

I found something in my personal archives for the 2005 Landmark - likely the same construction of your 2006. See page 15 of the attachment for the roof detail. Not all the answers but some insight.

Attachments

• LMConstruct.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 31

Sparkie

Thanks for the feedback Jim. I called Heartland and spoke with a young guy that was absolutely no help at all. Do you have a name of somebody I could ask to speak with that has some history at Heartland?
The brochure was helpful and quite an interesting read. I downloaded it for future reference.
Again, thanks for your help.

Peter

jbeletti

Thanks for the feedback Jim. I called Heartland and spoke with a young guy that was absolutely no help at all. Do you have a name of somebody I could ask to speak with that has some history at Heartland?
The brochure was helpful and quite an interesting read. I downloaded it for future reference.
Again, thanks for your help.

Peter
I have no specific names for you. My suggestion is that you call back and ask the service rep to get with Engineering to review the plans for the 2006 LM to get the specifics you seek. Unsure if they'll go the extra mile to get this.

In the end, you might be cutting out the bad section until you get to good material and using a micrometer to confirm for yourself, with absolute certainty, the thickness of materials used. Sorry if it has to be that way but at least you're in charge and you'll know without any doubts.

Sparkie

To anyone interested. I pulled down the fan shroud off the toilet room and was able to measure the roof. The EPDM is less than 1/16" and the luan (particle board) is 3/8". A metal fabricator told me the trusses were probably 1/16" thick but no more than 1/8".

jbeletti

To anyone interested. I pulled down the fan shroud off the toilet room and was able to measure the roof. The EPDM is less than 1/16" and the luan (particle board) is 3/8". A metal fabricator told me the trusses were probably 1/16" thick but no more than 1/8".
That was a great idea. Looks like you are on the right track!