Condensation over the winter?

We are new members to the Heartland Owners forum so I thank you for your wisdom and interest in helping others. We own a 2006 BC 2950RK which we have owned for about a 1.5 years and we love it. Best outfit we have owned. At the end of last season, we had the furnace running in the coach and noticed that we didn't have any air coming out of one of the floor registers. It wasn't a big deal then and I decided I would check it before this next season. I crawled under it last evening and removed the screws holding up the underlining of the camper beneath the fresh water tank and had water come out. There was some bubble wrap material between the tank and the underliner and the water was between that bubble wrap and the underliner, not the tank. The tank was dry to the touch on the bottom. Any ideas? The unit sits inside all winter and was winterized. It does set on gravel and we have had some rain lately. Could it be condensation from the gravel? I just thought it kind of strange since it had been put away for several months(too many) and hadn't seen any rain or snow. There wasn't any odor to the water and it was clear. Thanks you for your thoughts.

danemayer

Hi Dakenwood8541,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If the last time you towed was in the rain, the water may have been spun up from the wheels and you just now noticed it.

Another possibility is water running down inside the rear cap. The coroplast underbelly liner is tucked up into the rear cap, so any water inside the cap could accumulate in between the insulation and coroplast. Carefully check the caulking on the roof, around light fixtures, ladder mounts, and windows. Note that on windows, the bottom edge is not sealed.