ATF: ElkRidge - D Seal Replacement Roof-Sidewall

cherrich

I am having problems with the seal that runs the length of the rv (front-rear). It is about 1 inch wide and is made of a plastic material. It seems as it was put on in hot weather as when I go to a cooler area it seems to shrink considerably. There is about a 12 inch shrinkage from the rear gutter spout. I have also had problems with the seal leaving the seal base and sticking out. The seal could be caught by limbs and such and would pull out completely if not repaired or replaced. I have looked at all the rv parts shops and cannot find the correct D shaped seal for that purpose. Any information as to where to locate this D seal would be appreciated.
Thanks
Richard

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not quite sure which D seal you are talking about but I think it is the strip that goes in a channel and covers the screws for that channel.
So take a look at THIS as it might be what you are looking for.

Peace
Dave

cherrich

Cookie, I think you have solved my problem. I called it a D seal because after being in the channel,it is shaped that way. I will check to make sure before I order but I am sure that is it. I see they have it in black which is what I need. I knew someone on this forum would have the answer.
Thanks again
Richard

This thread can be closed now!!!