ATF: Mallard - Coaxial cables/ Where and how are they run

Rick_

I was hoping someone could explain the cable/satellite/antenna wiring is my 2017 Mallard M32? There is the outside cable input and I think it runs to the antenna booster jack. From there I'm unsure where it runs. There is a jack in the back by the bunks and one outside in the kitchen. Thank you.

danemayer

Hi Rick,

The exterior cable TV coax connector meets and is combined with the rooftop antenna coax at the signal booster. The output of the signal booster typically goes to the living room entertainment center and to the bedroom if you have a coax connection there. On some rigs there may also be a coax outlet in the basement, and on some models, there's a connection for an exterior TV. Routing can vary, but starts at the signal booster location. If that's in the bedroom, the coax goes from there to the basement and exterior TV locations (if you have them), and then to the living room.

To watch cable, the signal booster must be OFF. To watch antenna TV, the signal booster must be ON. In addition, on the TV menu, most TVs require you to select either cable or antenna, and to do a channel scan.

Not every trailer comes with satellite pre-wiring. If you don't see an external coax connector marked satellite, you probably don't have it and would have to either run a coax cable through a wall, or use a flat jumper and go through a window.

Rick_

Thanks for the info. The antenna booster is located below the living room tv. I'd probably assume from their it feeds the back bunk room and splits to the outside kitchen. Our camper is not setup for satellite, but I may make some modifications for that.