Dehumidifiers

holstin

Since I will be using my HL Landmark for fulltiming. How many of you use Dehumidifiers to help keep the moisture out of your unit. I can only assume that moisture is a major issue that people have to address.

If you use them can you tell me what size. i see numerous ones but not sure how big of one you would need for inside a Landmark.

Thanks

sgtbigb

Humid

I have one here in south Texas, Man if you in a humid climate it makes a **** of difference. I have a 45 pint and it fills up with water every 24 hrs. Thos would be a good fit for a full timer:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We finally bought one last year and wish we had thought about it sooner. We have the Frigidare 25 pint from Lowes. Some friends of ours bought the Whirlpool same size unit, same price but it's a bit quieter. It's a necessity in south TX gulf area.

boatdoc

We have two here in the DAMP Northwest. We use one in the house and leave one running in the trailer in the rainy times. We use the Soleus 40 pint. They are VERY quiet and are able to drain right into the sink in the trailer when I put it on the counter when storing the trailer. It helps a lot.

cjbearden

Visitor
:DRay, my friend, it is gettng scary how much we seem to think alike. Without having read your post on this thread, we happened to go to Lowe's in Aransas Pass today. Guess what? We bought the same dehumdifier that you have!!! Looking forward to seeing how well it works.

See you soon at Rayford Crossing. We are reserved for site 53 (think that's right) so come visit.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
:DRay, my friend, it is gettng scary how much we seem to think alike. Without having read your post on this thread, we happened to go to Lowe's in Aransas Pass today. Guess what? We bought the same dehumdifier that you have!!! Looking forward to seeing how well it works.

See you soon at Rayford Crossing. We are reserved for site 53 (think that's right) so come visit.
What a coincidence! We like the one we got except it's a bit noisier. It does have nice controls and features. Works great too. We're scheduled in at Rayford on the 16th but they didn't give us a site number. See you then. By the way, did you get the fridge problem corrected yet?