Getting a new Big Country 3850MB at the end of the month. Questions about delivery.

JStoorza

Hey guys,

I am new to the group and will soon be the owner of a Big Country 3850 MB. I have lived in house trailers for many years, but have never purchased a brand new one before. I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers about what I need to look at / inspect when taking delivery of the new trailer. Any stories or "learning experiences" anyone could share would be most helpful. I look forward to your replies and to sharing information on this forum for many years to come.

Sincerely,

John Stoorza
2018 Big Country 3850 MB
2013 Ford F-350 Dually

jimtoo

Hi JStoorza,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go to pickup up your new unit do a very good PDI. Plan on at least 4 hours of checking everything and making sure it all works and you can work everything. This link to a very good PDI that you can print out posted by Oregon Camper.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

JStoorza

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have already downloaded the PDI print out and looked over it. I will definitely be bringing it with me to Ohio for pick up. I also look forward to accessing the HUG Area of the site.

John Stoorza
2018 Big Country 3850MB
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch Dually

NYSUPstater

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have already downloaded the PDI print out and looked over it. I will definitely be bringing it with me to Ohio for pick up. I also look forward to accessing the HUG Area of the site.

John Stoorza
2018 Big Country 3850MB
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch Dually

Couches RV Nation?

Nuclearcowboy

Welcome! I think you will find a wealth of information in this forum that has already been posted about tips on taking delivery of a new unit.

NYSUPstater

I say a good thing. Dealer closer to home didn't want to deal a whole lot and in fact, disagreed w/ me when I told him that new coaches can be bought for 25%-30% off MSRP. So they didn't want to come down anymore in price when I told them they were still too high. $9K+ buys a awful lot of diesel fuel!! Ironically, just found out as well that another dealer is moving into town and will be carrying HL/BC but also heard thru the grapevine they are so-so to deal with.