Gas flow problem through Marshall extend a stay tee valve

NHCelt

I have used this tee valve on my past two fifth wheels without issue, but for some reason, gas will not flow through the green knurled connection to the coach. No issues with gas to grill, or with gas flow to the coach when the tee is removed.

Have there been changes to the length of the green knurled connection so that is isn't compatible anymore, or perhaps this is a bad pigtail?

Thanks for any thoughts...Celt

porthole

Retired
Small propane tanks will not allow gas to flow if the inner plunger is not depressed by the connection (green knob).
Does the connector look OK? The center portion.

Did you try opening the propane tank valve slowly?

I have had several propane hoses fail over the years. Best I can figure is propane degrades then seeps between the layers and collapses the inner jackets of the hose.

NHCelt

Small propane tanks will not allow gas to flow if the inner plunger is not depressed by the connection (green knob).
Does the connector look OK? The center portion.

Did you try opening the propane tank valve slowly?

I have had several propane hoses fail over the years. Best I can figure is propane degrades then seeps between the layers and collapses the inner jackets of the hose.

I've tried it all...it seems like the threads on the green knob are not deep enough to allow connection to occur properly at the tee...I thought these were all the same depth...but maybe these are just not quite deep enough. It does make the connection if connecting directly to the tank...

porthole

Retired
Have there been changes to the length of the green knurled connection so that is isn't compatible anymore, or perhaps this is a bad pigtail?

All the Marshall extend adapters I've seen were all brass and thread to the inside threads of the tank valve. Did you get something new?
Did you get something new that has a pigtail?
TH eMarshall has a green knob now?

Take a picture and show us what you have.