EMS for North Trail 32 BUDS or Mallard 32

klp605

Has anyone installed a hardwire Progressive EMS in either of the above units?

Preference would be to purchase and be ready to install HW50C into our Mallard as soon as the PDI corrections are completed. Curious to know if anyone has any input. I know there will be no "install" issues with the PT50X but then the unit isn't as secure when our TT will be parked at a campgrounds unoccupied for week+.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Has anyone installed a hardwire Progressive EMS in either of the above units?

Preference would be to purchase and be ready to install HW50C into our Mallard as soon as the PDI corrections are completed. Curious to know if anyone has any input. I know there will be no "install" issues with the PT50X but then the unit isn't as secure when our TT will be parked at a campgrounds unoccupied for week+.

Yes, I have the HW50C installed in my 2016 NT 32BUDS.

I purchased a 4' ft length of cable for installation. removed the fuse/circuit breaker panel, and moved the existing incoming AC wiring from the circuit panel to the EMS and then used the new cable to connect from the EMS back to the circuit breaker panel. Mounted the EMS on the floor behind the circuit panel.

Definitely worth installing the hardwired version. No need to worry about bad power or having to remember to connect a portable device. When it comes time to sell it is as easy to reverse the install process and remove to move to a different RV if desired.

My converter to panel DC wires were pretty short but not impossible to work around when the panel is removed. Don't be in a rush to pull the panel away until you know your wire lengths to the panel.

Something I am considering adding but wish I did it when I had the circuit panel removed was an outside light over/near the shore power connector and make night time hookup a bit easier.

This one would match existing lights https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lights/Optronics/RVPL7CB.html
RVPL7CB_6.jpg

klp605

I purchased a 4' ft length of cable for installation. removed the fuse/circuit breaker panel, and moved the existing incoming AC wiring from the circuit panel to the EMS and then used the new cable to connect from the EMS back to the circuit breaker panel. Mounted the EMS on the floor behind the circuit panel.

Your response and information is appreciated. Where did you purchase the 4' length of cable? I may be looking in the wrong spots. I am trying to ensure we have everything on hand for when CW finishes all of our repairs....kids patience, along with mom and dad's, are wearing thin. I may end up reloading our TT we are trading in for one last outing.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Your response and information is appreciated. Where did you purchase the 4' length of cable? I may be looking in the wrong spots. I am trying to ensure we have everything on hand for when CW finishes all of our repairs....kids patience, along with mom and dad's, are wearing thin. I may end up reloading our TT we are trading in for one last outing.

Lowes in the bulk wire sectionnof the electrical department. They sell the cable by the foot.

I could not find a link for lowes but home depot carries the same thing.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwir...lack-Stranded-CU-SOOW-Cord-55809199/204725137

a4b291e1-4b0a-40d5-9033-5a8dff862abe_1000.jpg

klp605

Lowes in the bulk wire sectionnof the electrical department. They sell the cable by the foot.

I could not find a link for lowes but home depot carries the same thing.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwir...lack-Stranded-CU-SOOW-Cord-55809199/204725137

View attachment 50791
Thank you!! I miss having a Lowe's, but will be checking to see if the local HD sells by the foot. As I have mulled over it more, it may be worth buying a "roll" and also updating our designated RV outlet here at the house (currently run for our 30 amp RV).