Linoleum flooring

Greatings everone.

My wife and I are proud new owners of a 2008 31BDH.

We towed it home after our purchase and discovered a very odd occurance with our Linoleum flooring.

A giant air bubble developed from the queen bed clear back to the bunk house. The air bubble eventually went down as the trailor sat in the driveway and now the flooring is completly flush with the floor again. Somehow air got under the flooring as we towed it home, and I have no idea how.

My questions are:

1) Is the flooring suppose to be glued down?

2) Has anyone experienced this and what was the fix?

I spoke to my dealer and they said that the flooring is not glued down, but I have air getting under the flooring that should not be. I have to take the trailor back to finish my punch list and they will do there best to figure out what is going on.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this issue.

mike3fan

I don't know much about TT,but do you have a laundry chute? could that be where the air is coming from?

Thanks techman for the link. I will talk a look around in that forum.

If my dealer finds a fix for it, I will post what it is.

freex4

I have had the same thing happen. The factory tells us it is not from air getting underneath the floor, because it is sealed up from the underside.

One thought on the other forum is that it could be due to pressure differentials while driving. I'm not sure I by that yet.
As long as it is documented with the dealer and the factory, then i'm ok with it for now.

Paul

scs26wfo

SeanFalcon, Our 28BHS had the same issue while towing one hot day. We had left the bathroom roof vent open (we have MaxAir covers) and I believe the air rushing over the vent at 60mph created a venturi effect (created a vacuum) in the camper that caused our floor covering to lift. I have added "close roof vents" to my pre-flight checklist and have not had this re-occur.

Johnp322

Question on floor

I too have noticed the lack of glue holding down the floor on my 28BHS and read with interest on the dealer that mentioned that they do not glue down the floor. Anyone have the reason why they do not glue down the floor, I have noticed that my floor does give some but not to the extreme as in the postings.

freex4

SeanFalcon, Our 28BHS had the same issue while towing one hot day. We had left the bathroom roof vent open (we have MaxAir covers) and I believe the air rushing over the vent at 60mph created a venturi effect (created a vacuum) in the camper that caused our floor covering to lift. I have added "close roof vents" to my pre-flight checklist and have not had this re-occur.

I am not so sure that is the case. We have traveled with the roof vents opened and side windows opened and the floor still bubbles. I believe any vacuum would be off-set by the open windows. I am not sure if it happened with all windows and vents closed, so before I come to any conclusions I will have to try one long trip like that.

scs26wfo

Freex4, I agree that the open windows would prevent the venturi effect from happening. Our windows were closed with only a roof vent open at the time our flooring lifted up.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
same issue

We've also had this occur on a 8 hour drive. We have MaxVents as well. No windows open, but both were vents open. Did not worry, since HL says they glue the perimeter and around all pipes. HL also cannot recreate the problem to solve it. No biggie, it goes down quickly after stopping. Have not been out again, curious if it is seasonal? Ours occurred in July.

TT