Water Pump Replacement

HornedToad

My water pump died... I think it was because we made a party and all the guest using the facilities ran the fresh tank out of water and the pump stayed on with the tank dry.

I'm looking for a replacement on Amazon and it seems the best one is a... Seaflo 12v Water Pressure Diaphragm Pump 18.9 L/min 5.0 Gpm 60 Psi - Caravan/rv/boat/marine

All the other pumps are 3 to 4 GPM and around 40 PSI. At 60 PSI am I running the risk of my RV plumbing springing a leak???

CDN

B and B
My water pump died... I think it was because we made a party and all the guest using the facilities ran the fresh tank out of water and the pump stayed on with the tank dry.

I'm looking for a replacement on Amazon and it seems the best one is a... Seaflo 12v Water Pressure Diaphragm Pump 18.9 L/min 5.0 Gpm 60 Psi - Caravan/rv/boat/marine

All the other pumps are 3 to 4 GPM and around 40 PSI. At 60 PSI am I running the risk of my RV plumbing springing a leak???

Hello,

I don't think you will have a issue with 60 PSI. I actually prefer lower GPM as when boon docking we use less water for toilet, hand washing etc. Lack of availible flow means conservation.

HornedToad

Hello,

I don't think you will have a issue with 60 PSI. I actually prefer lower GPM as when boon docking we use less water for toilet, hand washing etc. Lack of availible flow means conservation.

That's a good point... in this case maybe bigger is not better???

We do a lot of tailgate boon docking.

HornedToad

I followed Brian's good advice and replaced my pump with a 3 GPM 50 PSI Shurflo that I bought it off the shelf at my local RV supply.

Here is the reason I buy local when I can... It was easy enough to install and only took me about 15 minutes to take out the old one and connect the new one back in it's place. However, testing all the faucets it had a loud hum, but after I turned them off it went a low continuous hum that would not shut off. I called over to the RV supply and they told me it was probably sucking air at a loose fitting. Sure enough I had just hand tightened the fittings and after I bought new washers and used channel lock pliers to tighten things up it worked just fine.

Amazon would not have told me that!!!

ksucats

Not to mention that most of the local RV shops are locally owned and operated (might I say Family owned). The large conglomerate (CW for example) is taking over and, from my past experience, their service is terrible!!

mlpeloquin

To reduce the pump noise you can add two feet of flexible hose on each end of the pump. Just form a circle. It will quiet it down one heck of a lot.