FM Antenna gone

davelinde

Yesterday I was on the roof installing some vent covers and noticed that the FM antenna is gone! That explains the poor FM reception...

The connector looks fine and the threads are fine - eg it does not look like it got ripped off by something... and I don't even think it' the highest part of the roof. Has anyone else lost one? It was either never there... or just wiggled out on our first trip. I guess a little loctite on the replacement will be in order.

JimandSina

I have a fairly new 2009 Cyclone 3950 and shortly after taking delivery I noticed the antenna was loose so I used a little loctite and then re-tightened the screw and so far no further problems and reception is good.
Jim

gcheimis

I have a 2008 4012. I noticed the front antenna was a little loose. When I went to tighten it the mount had 2 screws and one of them just spun. When I removed the antenna I found a hole in the roof so big that only one mounting screw could be used. The other was held in with the sealing putty. Not exactly high quality. I cut a new piece of plywood, put it under the existing hole and replaced the screws with longer ones. No more leaning antenna. Overall it is a pretty good RV, but lots of little quality issues covered up by putty! I never like the layout of my old Jayco Talon as much as the Cyclone, but the fit and finish was superior.

Detmer

Funny thing, I went to my trailer at the storage facility last week and laying on the ground next to my trailer was the Antenna.
I just screwed it back on for now but should put some locktite on it.

Rigmover06

Antennae Thieves.

Just as I read this I looked out the shop window and noticed mine is gone too.
Gotta be antennae gremlins running loose over North America.

Hmm..:D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
R U sure you folks are not hitting tree branches knocking them off? I never did like them on the roof.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like an Antenna Gremlin to me:eek:! (Wonder why my radio suddenly got so much static in it;)?)

Bobbert

Just discovered mine missing! No sign of damage, just gone! How much for new one and Must I get from Dealer ?? Bob

mine is gone also. dealer says they dont have one and its not on the part sheet? anyone finds a replacement please post the source.

watchthebox

Re: Replacements

My antenna didn't seem to be too securely attached either, as it fell off during a moderate windstorm while the unit was parked in our driveway. Heartland could improve this.

Rrloren

Re: Replacements

After reading this thread decided to go out and check my antenna. Guess what? It was loose and would have come off shortly. Put a little Locktite on and screwed it back in , hope that does it.

watchthebox

Rrloren, you must have a different type of antenna than mine. Both the antenna base and the bottom of my antenna appear to be made of plastic, and the threads of the bottom of the antenna itself appear somewhat stripped. I wish it were made of metal rather than plastic. Also, I do not see any metal at all on the antenna pieces (the base or the antenna), so I'm not sure how this antenna works. If anyone knows, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

cyclone antenna c&.jpgcyclone antenna..jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The FM reception on ours was terrible. Others have also complained about poor reception. The fix is to disconnect the FM antenna and reconnect the receiver to the TV cable via a 75-ohm splitter. Like night and day, the improvement was. With the Samsung receiver, the antenna input is a coax connection, yet the antenna has a banana plug. So HL wired up an adapter, of sorts, to join the two. It's lying in the back of the cabinet, now.