Replacing Carpet

Jackson2

Has anyone ripped up the carpet in the center section of a 5th wheel and replaced it with the new style beaufloor flooring?? If anyone has done this is it a do-it-yourself project or is it better left to the pros ?? Thanks for any help ...

Last edited by a moderator:

farside291

When the dealership replaced the BeauFlor in my unit they had to remove the island and over extend the slides to get to the edges. I suppose you could cut the areas around the island and run the flooring to the edge and put some kind of trim around the floor but where the slides are would be an issue. I am not sure what is involved to overextend the slides.

KNPMCM

My unit is a 2016 Landmark Ashland and I just replaced my lower quality factory carpet with quality residential carpet. I also thought about going with vinyl or similar products but there was the question on what to do with the Main living slide. The dealer could not come up with a solution on what to do with the edge of the slide.
If you a solution for this please share.

Kirk

busted2341

My unit is a 2016 Landmark Ashland and I just replaced my lower quality factory carpet with quality residential carpet. I also thought about going with vinyl or similar products but there was the question on what to do with the Main living slide. The dealer could not come up with a solution on what to do with the edge of the slide.
If you a solution for this please share.

Kirk

How did you replace it? We too, since talking delivery, thought the carpet was less than high quality. Why Heartland does certain things to cheapen an expensive unit keeps us wondering all the time. Anyway, did you do it or have regular carpet installers do it? Or was it necessary to get RV installers so they understood the slideouts etc..?

dbbls59

I had my carpet replaced in the entire trailer. The installer specialized in RV's. After watching him I would not trust a residential installer. There are lots of areas where it is not a anything like a house.

danemayer

Our carpet was replaced by a residential installer, but he said he had done RVs before. It's pretty labor intensive compared to a residential installation because of all of the irregular shapes in a small space. There's also more waste than normally found in a residential job.