A/C exhaust vent

Eaglehead

I have a 3010 camper and am wanting to use a portable A/C unit to cool the garage. Has anyone else done this and if so what did you do to exhaust the air out? I was considering drilling a hole in the sidewall and use a dryer vent kit but was also considering having it vent through the floor. Thanks for any and all input!

lynndiwagoner

I had one in my 2005 Hitchhiker. Worked great and beat adding another one to the roof. Mine was under a desk and I vented it out the floor. I put some screen wire over the hole to keep out any pests.

Jv75353

What about making a hose adapter that would fit the lower rear vent that is generally used for cross air flow to vent gas fumes from toys in the garage? No drilling holes required!

weekender01

I am at the same point you are with our 2017 Torque. I am considering putting in a deck hatch in the floor and venting the ac exhaust out underneath the camper. This way I can also run the drain hose and the power from the 20 amp outlet on the pole outside.

Eaglehead

I have come up with a plan and will be posting pics later today. Have to get to the RV store to get some parts.

Eaglehead

I decided to go through the floor as it was the best option for me. Because I haul a motorcycle and 2 bicycles I was limited to where I could install this but it worked out great.
1. Trip to Lowe's to get a 6" to 4" sheet metal reducer. The a/c exhaust hose is 5 3/4 " so this adapter allows you to insert it in the deck plate.
2. Get a 4" access deck plate.
I cut a hole in the floor to allow me to install the deck plate. When not in use there is a screw on cover installed. In my case it exhausts the air into a boxed in area right behind the wheel well which is well protected from road debris and rain. It shows in the pics. I had to cut some slits in the 4" side of the reducer in order for it to slip into the deck plate which is a snug fit so no air escapes. The exhaust hose fits snug in the 6" side with no leaks either. When traveling all the pieces get stored in the overhead cabinet and the a/c unit gets secured to the wall. It all works great and I have less than $225.00 invested and still retain the exhaust fan in the ceiling for pulling hot air out.
Heading to the Texas hill country and doing some riding on my Indian Chieftain motorcycle --------- life's good!!!floor duct.jpgView attachment 50795

attachment.php
floor duct.jpgunder floor.jpgunder floor2.jpginside.jpg