Added a Step

SilverRhino

Our BC had the factory fold down steps ( 3 ) and usually they work fine ...... but over Spring break, camping with our Grandsons they fell short. We were staying in a TX State Park that had concrete slabs to park your trailer on. Our site had trees on two sides and that caused us to need to be as far over toward the door side as we could get. When I put the steps down, they extended past the pad and of course that first step was much taller than the others. After climbing in and out of the trailer for 10 days, we decided to treat ourselves to a new set of steps.

I had looked at the various options available and decided that my preference was the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution so I measured the coach, talked to TorkLift and got my set ordered. They arrived yesterday so we went over to storage and installed them this afternoon. The installation is was very simple and all I needed for tools was the allen wrench that came with the steps, a 9/16" ratcheting box wrench, 9/16" socket & ratchet and a phillips screwdriver.

Removed the four bolts holding the old steps to the brackets and removed the steps. Took the new steps out of the mounting enclosure for ease of mounting. Slipped the new step enclosure between the brackets and installed the four bolts......Slipped the stair assembly back into the bracket and re-installed the two mounting bolts and we were done.

Attachments

• OS1.jpg
    OS1.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 133
  • OS2.jpg
    OS2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 118
  • OS3.jpg
    OS3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 120
  • NS1.jpg
    NS1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 122
  • NS9.jpg
    NS9.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 125
  • NS7.jpg
    NS7.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 121
  • NS11.jpg
    NS11.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 119
  • NS12.jpg
    NS12.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 137
  • NS4.jpg
    NS4.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 124
  • NS8.jpg
    NS8.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 125

Power247

Nice job! I really want to do this on ours.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Very nice!
Do you have the option to open 3 and not all 4 steps?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We have the same steps. No there is no need to have less steps. Because of the accordion nature, they adjust to any terrain. The steps get equally closer or father apart based on the distance to the surface. There are three height adjustments for the top step that help you make the step size evenly spaced from coach to ground, and the landing gear feet are also adjustable in 5 increments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Nice job! I really want to do this on ours.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Like the others who have installed these steps, we love ours. As Erica mentioned, very versatile in the setup, easy to deploy and retract, and extremely stable. Greg, I'm sure you will be glad when you get them for your rig.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I installed ours a couple of weeks ago.

The only tools I needed were two socket wrenches with 9/16 sockets on each and two screw drivers (which I used to hold the steps in place while I put two of the four bolts in).

I'll post some photos when I get home from the tire shop (I'm on my iPad and have never been able to post photos from it).

We love them so far, but won't have a chance to try them out on the road until the NM HOC Rally, which starts one month from today!

Power247

Like the others who have installed these steps, we love ours. As Erica mentioned, very versatile in the setup, easy to deploy and retract, and extremely stable. Greg, I'm sure you will be glad when you get them for your rig.
Will be finding out soon enough. According to UPS tracking they should be here by the end of the week.:cool: