Water Manifold

ksucats

I was just looking at the flyer that I believe Jim provided on a different thread. In any case noticed that Landmark used to include a water manifold allowing for individual hot/cold connection runs from the UDC to the faucets. Just a rhetorical question but wonder why Heartland's Landmark division discontinues that. I saw, during a recent RV Show in Kansas City, that at least one other vendor still has such. Seems like a good idea.

jbeletti

I think I can explain this one. During the economic downturn of 2008/2009, Landmark was on the verge of extinction as sales on luxury coaches in the LM price point were way down. Dealers told Heartland they felt they could sell Landmarks if they were at a lower price point. As such, many things were changed and some removed. UDC didn't go away but it got smaller when the manifold was removed.

The cost of the hot and cold manifolds, home run plumbing and labor to install, all added up to a bit of cost - one Heartland at that time felt was not worth saving.

Was this the right move? Lowering the LM price point at that time certainly saved LM - so that worked out. For those who've had manifolds like that miss them (unless theirs froze and broke). Those who have never had them probably don't long for them much. But it was a "nice to have" item. I know a few Heartlanders who've added their own - usually behind the UDC, not in it.

I think at this point to add the cost of the manifold and attendant plumbing changes to 100% of Landmarks going forward is not the right move. I'm going to guess $750 to $1000 in retail cost to all LM buyers to have this. That's a big jump in price. I feel that brand management would rather spend that money in other areas of LM if they were at all inclined to creep price that much.

The company that made those manifolds are out of business but there is a suitable replacement. I've linked to it a few times somewhere on the forum.