Any Canadian Members?

sniper56

I pick up a 3670 Big Horn next Tuesday at the border. Mine does not have the CSA sticker. I understand that quite a few trailers are sold in Canada without this. I checked with a dealer up here and he was quite rude, probably because I bought else where and saved several thousand dollars!

I would like to know if any Canadian members have had trouble getting warranty work up here. This dealer told me that because there is no CSA sticker they won't let it into the shop. He claimed it's because of the propane gas lines are different. I have spoke to others who told me the only difference is the wiring connection.

I bought my trailer from Lake Shore RV in Michigan and they assured me that they sell 10 to 12 trailers a week into Canada and have heard of no problems. I have also spoken to HeartLand and they claim they have never heard of any issues.

Any feedback would be appreciated. We have never owned a RV and are looking forward to picking it up.

geeksrus

Have you been in touch with the Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV)? They are the organization that regulates importation.

In fact, when I imported my unit I had to pay a $200ish fee to RIV in addition to the GST. My unit had the CSA certificate.

My understanding is that since your's doesn't, after importing RIV will send you a package that requires you to have the unit inspected/Canadian-ized. Canadian Tire can do it.

But first contact RIV for the regulations!

EH!

RoLintwo

Congrats.

Sounds to me the dealer didn't get his cut and is sulking.
Lots of independent dealers will service your rig.
We have met lots of people this last year that have bought in the states and all local dealers don't like it and get a little cranky.:mad:
enjoy the road.

Roy

2008 Bighorn 3055RL s/n 9555
2006 Chevy HD D/A 6 spd.
4x4 CC SB
Airborne Hitxh & Reese 16K:)

gdog

gdog
This spring we brought up a bighorn from the states. Saved money doing so.
After bringing across we had to have it inspected and then the RIV sticker was sent to afix to the trailer. We have not had any serious issues in regards to warranty work, and the little things that come up I just fix myself. We did purchase the unit in Montana which is a 6 hour drive for us. However, if we would have purchased in Canada it was a four hour drive for warranty work. Well worth the drive to save the money. One must remember that all of these tailers are built in the states for both the US and Canadian market. I doubt the trailers change on the assembly line to build them to different standards.
gdog