Fresh water tank sanitizing

danemayer

The valve has a position marked Sanitize/Winterize that allows you to use the water pump to suck a bleach solution into the valve, through the pump and through all the plumbing fixtures.

To sanitize the fresh tank, set the valve to TANK. Use the water hose to hold your bleach solution and the use the campground water faucet to push the contents of the hose into the fresh tank.

CoveredWagon

The valve has a position marked Sanitize/Winterize that allows you to use the water pump to suck a bleach solution into the valve, through the pump and through all the plumbing fixtures.

To sanitize the fresh tank, set the valve to TANK. Use the water hose to hold your bleach solution and the use the campground water faucet to push the contents of the hose into the fresh tank.

Have you ever thought of using a siphon attachment to suck up the bleach solution ?

danemayer

Have you ever thought of using a siphon attachment to suck up the bleach solution ?

Our 2011 doesn't have an Anderson 4-way valve, so I haven't given any thought to using a siphon attachment. But it sounds interesting. If you try it out, take some pictures and let us know how it works.

CoveredWagon

Our 2011 doesn't have an Anderson 4-way valve, so I haven't given any thought to using a siphon attachment. But it sounds interesting. If you try it out, take some pictures and let us know how it works.

i was thing of this part of your reply. Unfortunately we haven't been able to pick up our Rv yet as we're waiting on the new truck. The siphon attachment is a simple little thing you should be able to get at any swimming pool store. We used the to remove water off of the winter cover. Look at Amazon to get an idea of what they look like.
I'm not sure how our unit will be fixtured so only time will tell. We. Have a BH 3270 waiting for us at thedealer.