How do I remove the 4.5" LED surface mounted lights?

D_BTravelers

We have a 2016 Big Country 3650RL and it has two of the Radiance 4.5" surface mounted LED lights above the headboard and switched at the wall. I would like to swap them out for something on a swivel mount and that can be switched at the light. I read at night, but the DW does not and these light it up like daytime. I started to just pull on them, but thought "Gee, perhaps I should ask before I break the new lights." Anyone replaced these with something more suitable for night time reading?

richheck

Seasoned Member
We have a 2016 Big Country 3650RL and it has two of the Radiance 4.5" surface mounted LED lights above the headboard and switched at the wall. I would like to swap them out for something on a swivel mount and that can be switched at the light. I read at night, but the DW does not and these light it up like daytime. I started to just pull on them, but thought "Gee, perhaps I should ask before I break the new lights." Anyone replaced these with something more suitable for night time reading?

I installed dimmers for both, works great.

jbeletti

I'm not familiar with the brand of light but try unscrewing the lens off (counter-clockwise). If they come off, you may find 3 small screws holding the light fixture in place.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the same sleeping problem that you all have so yes, we changed the overhead LED flush/button lights to the swivel LED spot lights that you can get from CW. Jim is correct about removing the button lights. We just remounted the swivel lights into the same spot where the button lights were. They will still be switched to the side main off/on switch but you can turn each light off or on individually as long as the main switch is on. With the swivel head, you can point the light any direction that you would like.

richheck

Seasoned Member
That would be nice, how did you do it?

Used a couple of Diamond Group LDSDIM25 Pulse Wave LED Dimmers purchased from Amazon for around $50.00 each. Be sure and only use the Diamond brand and not the JR Products being the JR Products didn't work with the LED lights. On our coach each overhead has it's own switch on the wall next to the bed, my wife's side had a double switch but she didn't care for the other light being controlled by the second switch. The dimmer requires a space equal to a double switch so I just eliminated the other light. On my side there was only a single switch so I had to elongate the existing switch to accommodate the new dimmer. LED light will only work with the correct polarity if reversed they will not work. I had major issues getting my side to work originally but finally figured out that the factory put the original switch on the negative wire where it needs to be on the positive wire, once corrected it worked great.

Here is a link to the Amazon page :

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Group-LDSDIM25-Pulse-Dimmer/dp/B0136U60KE

For a picture of the switch here is a link to Camping World but they are about $10.00 more plus shipping:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/led-strip-lighting-light-dimmer-black/77564

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D_BTravelers

Used a couple of Diamond Group LDSDIM25 Pulse Wave LED Dimmers purchased from Amazon for around $50.00 each. Be sure and only use the Diamond brand and not the JR Products being the JR Products didn't work with the LED lights. On our coach each overhead has it's own switch on the wall next to the bed, my wife's side had a double switch but she didn't care for the other light being controlled by the second switch. The dimmer requires a space equal to a double switch so I just eliminated the other light. On my side there was only a single switch so I had to elongate the existing switch to accommodate the new dimmer. LED light will only work with the correct polarity if reversed they will not work. I had major issues getting my side to work originally but finally figured out that the factory put the original switch on the negative wire where it needs to be on the positive wire, once corrected it worked great.

Here is a link to the Amazon page :

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Group-LDSDIM25-Pulse-Dimmer/dp/B0136U60KE

For a picture of the switch here is a link to Camping World but they are about $10.00 more plus shipping:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/led-strip-lighting-light-dimmer-black/77564

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! The Big Country has one switch for both lights, so I am looking at replacing the flat disc lights with some reading lights that are directional and have a switch on the light. That way the DW can sleep if I set up and read without her light on. Thank you for the help, I have saved the links in case I go that direction instead.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired