Wiring for Bighorn

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Looking for prewired power source for Bighorn Furrion backup camera. No power at prewired connector.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jim - energize the clearance light circuit at the 7 wire plug or connect the RV to a truck - then test.

murry135

We did and there is still no power at female connector on camper.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think I've read where there's​ an fuse that needs to be installed up in the battery compartment on the pre wired units.
I'm sure somebody that has found it will jump in soon to help.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

murry135

Will check that out hopefully someone will chime in.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm surprised nobody has jumped in to answer this.
Did you happen to take a look in the battery compartment for a fuse holder without a fuse ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

murry135

Not yet Jess be travelling today and out for dinner now. We let ya know.

murry135

Update on Wireless camera issue. According to Heartland service the Big Horns and Big Country units that are pre-wired have no fuse and the camera is wired direct to batteries. After attempts and phones we could not find the wire in the front storage compartment and Heartland said there must be an issue with the wire in the rear cap of the unit. Owner disappointed and has to return unit for service.

esscobra

I emailed heartland contact that was helpful in getting info for bedroom tv mount location and some other questions before- asked about location of camera wire o be able to switch it off:Hello William
The rear camera ispowered off the 12v wire to the clearance lights.

I responded with its not that - it stays on even with truck disconnected:

I’m check with production on myanswer. The 12v is wired so it’s on constant according to my team lead. I amasking where they tap into the 12 v on this product. I will let you know what Ifind out.

Hi William

This is wired for a Furioncamera system. It will stay on until the monitor is turned off. If you areusing a different system it will stay on because of how the prep is done . Itis wired direct in the rear cabinet.

I responded again that it does not turn off when monitor turned off- and that it is always on- I got no further response

when I get back from trip next week- I will start taking things apart t begin my mods- one of them was to add the all sconces to back wall and I will see if I can locate the wires going up in wall

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I found the power to the camera on the off door side switch on the back wall. I got lucky and cut the blue wire first. I added a switch so I can turn the camera off when parked.

bob.karen

I found the power to the camera on the off door side switch on the back wall. I got lucky and cut the blue wire first. I added a switch so I can turn the camera off when parked.
hey! can ya send me a pick of the location? in the battery compartment?
thankk you. i have been searching for my power source. intermittent power

thewanderingeight

If you are comfortable doing some wirework, you could just steal power from the clearance lights. That's what I did on the last camera I installed that was not pre-wired. Worked for me as I always drive with my lights on when towing anyway.