Bench seats convert to queen bed

Audlee

Good evening,

Thanks for the quick response of my last post. I was hoping for some insight on this one. The bench seats in the garage that convert into the queen bed do not sit flush enough to be even remotely comfortable to sleep on. The two back rest cushions that met in the middle are sticking way up. We even laid a top foam pad across it, with no improvement. My dear inlaws are going to be sleeping back there for a week. My father in law can easily climb to the drop down queen above, but not my mother in law. I will definately inform our dealer but I was hoping someone had a fix? Sorry I can't post pictures yet.

Audrey Lee

avvidclif

Mine are the same way. An air mattress takes care of it, according to my grown daughter. Be careful on the top bunk, it's only rated for 150 lbs...

LBR

Not sure if your garage bunking is the same Happi-jack system used in our CY, but the bench uppers should fold down very even, for sure. We have 2 systems and both uppers fold down tightly and even for a level bed.

I believe our upper bunks are rated at 300# each, not 150#....so this is leading me to believe the Torque may not have the exact same Happi-jack​ system?

schew

I've seen two different style bench seats that fold down into queen beds. There are ones that have a thickly padded backrest, and I think this is the style the OP is referring to. The other style is flat, and when folded down to make a bed, creates a level resting area. This is the type I have, and specifically wanted this due to having the same concerns as the OP.Hope you find a solution.

kbbagshaw

Good evening,

Thanks for the quick response of my last post. I was hoping for some insight on this one. The bench seats in the garage that convert into the queen bed do not sit flush enough to be even remotely comfortable to sleep on. The two back rest cushions that met in the middle are sticking way up. We even laid a top foam pad across it, with no improvement. My dear inlaws are going to be sleeping back there for a week. My father in law can easily climb to the drop down queen above, but not my mother in law. I will definately inform our dealer but I was hoping someone had a fix? Sorry I can't post pictures yet.

Audrey Lee

We had the same issue with our Cyclone. We recently took out the bench seat and added a plywood base with a metal braces underneath. Bought a queen bed and now we have a great sleeping area for my upcoming trip with my sister. Haven't used it yet but will in May.

big_kandi

I've seen two different style bench seats that fold down into queen beds. There are ones that have a thickly padded backrest, and I think this is the style the OP is referring to. The other style is flat, and when folded down to make a bed, creates a level resting area. This is the type I have, and specifically wanted this due to having the same concerns as the OP.Hope you find a solution.

I just bought a 2016 Torque 325 built on 2/15/2016 and it has the flat style backrest. It seems comfortable but may still put a foam topper on it (have an extra from our old RV)