Trailer got Side Swiped in Storage

farside291

Look what someone did to my trailer while it was in storage. Who ever did this didn't even report. Some people have no moral values. Waiting on Insurance adjuster to come and look at it. Park storage doesn't know if they are liable or not. There checking with corporate.

Attachments

• 20170408_131518.jpg
    20170408_131518.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 513

RDsStudio59

Terrible. I would be sick. Good luck with repairs. New front cap in order?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

farside291

I almost lost my cookies when I saw it. I don't see how it could be repaired otherwise. It's cracked almost all the way across with fiberglass exposed. There is also a 12 inch long crack on the opposite side. I have to put some gorilla tape across it to keep out the rain until its fixed.

Oregon_Camper

Shouldn't be that hard to find the RV that did it. If none have damage, ask storage manager to provide you with names of renters that are not there or have moved out in last 30 days. (or amount of time since you last saw it undamaged)

mlpeloquin

I have only stored my fifth wheel at two places. Both had contracts that stated that they were not responsible for damage or theft. I parked as far back as I could hoping the person on the other side did not back into mine. At least my front was in further than my neighboring fifth wheels. The storage facility I am at now has me second to the last spot on an end. There isn't any way for anyone to drive around or past me. So other then the two on ether side of me i am fine. I still make sure that I am deeper in than the class A next to me. Stuff like this is always on the back of my mind. So sorry that your rig was hit. Most people who have RV's are good and honest. Obviously there are a few....

Ted_Dee

farside291, I am really sorry to hear what happened to your trailer. It feels like you swallowed a brick when you see something like that. About a year ago the storage facility where we keep ours installed cameras. Too bad all facilities don't do that.

Rdsharp

That is just wrong... I TOTALLY agree that there are people who have no morals, and care nothing about their fellow man...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

farside291

The manager of the park where I had it stored suspects who ever hit it left and didn't come back. It had to do some substantial damage to who ever hit it. Plus there's traces of white paint on the cap at the point of initial contact. The employees of the park looked at the pictures and went to each RV both in storage and in the park looking for damage on sides and rear. No luck. The only bad part is how long its going to take to be repaired. Insurance will cover under Collision, no deductible and no rate increase because I've never had a claim.

LBR

Shouldn't be that hard to find the RV that did it. If none have damage, ask storage manager to provide you with names of renters that are not there or have moved out in last 30 days. (or amount of time since you last saw it undamaged)
Yes, Exactly!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh my, I'm so sorry for you! I know that sick feeling, went to check on our rig in storage after a terrible storm in 2011 only to find it leaning to one side on a damaged landing gear leg. Makes you want to cry.

How someone did that and didn't notice is unfathomable. Hope you get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Can you file a report with the police, so that in case they do find the guilty party, there are consequences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I would find out who recently left. You can also look at other rigs to see if there damage matches up to yours

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

farside291

I have not filed a police report yet. Insurance will determine how they will fix it. If they replace the front cap I am definitely going to have a bunch of added insulation put in the cap. My front closet is either freezing cold in the winter or boiling hot in the summer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Even being at a Storage facility with CC cameras does not guarantee anything.

True, our previous rig was in fenced and secure with coded gate, cameras, lights, etc and had break-ins to the storage compartments of numerous rigs. They didn't catch anything on camera to help them.