TV/Satellite Coax Quick-Connect Connectors

pegmikef

Here's something that every RV that has a television must have. In fact, they are so cheap, get a handful of them. Someone told me about these last week at the Montgomery Rally so I ordered ten and they arrived today. I tested one and it worked great so I have one installed on my Tailgater antenna and another one on the cable I keep connected for use at parks with TV Cable available. At thirty one cents each you can't go wrong!

https://www.cablewholesale.com/cgi-bin/searchss.cgi?query=cable+quick+connect+male

Attachments

• quickconnect.jpg
    quickconnect.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 68

mlpeloquin

Use them with the satellite dish coax cable connections. I carry several extra and give them to people when they try and connect their coax cable to a post that has the connection berried in a wood post. Keeps them form getting splinters.

jbeletti

Mike,

Those push-on f-connectors are great for use in portable systems where you are constantly plugging/unplugging them. Unsure that I'd use them for static installations on splitters, receivers and TVs in an RV (shake-rattle-roll).

In a past career, I used them extensively for jumpers on test equipment.

farside291

I bought the .31 cent one off Amazon, worked great. Months later camping at a new location we had never been before I had to re-aim my DirecTV Dish on the portable tripod for a new azimuth and elevation. Couldn't for the life of me get any of the transponders to show. Turned out my little .31 cent 90 degree quick connector went bad. Cost me about an hour of troubleshooting. They say, you get what you pay for. If its cheap, its probably cheap. Just my two cents worth. I now only use quality screw on connections.

CDN

B and B
I have installed these on my sat cable harness. I have found the push on have issues with signal loss. Being in less than desirable marginal paths often any loos means no satellite signal. Return Loss issues for the tech savvy.

00482641.jpg

The RF engineer part of me can not embrace push on connectors, too many N Type on BNC errors while using a spectrum analyzer on transmitters.

pegmikef

I have installed these on my sat cable harness. I have found the push on have issues with signal loss. Being in less than desirable marginal paths often any loos means no satellite signal. Return Loss issues for the tech savvy.

View attachment 50933

The RF engineer part of me can not embrace push on connectors, too many N Type on BNC errors while using a spectrum analyzer on transmitters.

That one looks a little different than the one I got as it appears to have something other than metal in it. The ones I am using are all metal and should be electrically sound as it is metal to metal. I looked at the satellite values (dish) with the coax cable screwed in directly in the UDC and again using the connector. There was no noticeable difference in the values that I could see. If there is a slight drop as measured by precision measuring devices, but my signal/picture is not affected, then I don't care.