Manually Opening Slides 2900MK

fndrbndr

I can't open the slides manually because there is not an hole or anywhere to insert the crank handle through the outside. I have looked at other manufacturers and they drilled a hole and put a grommet in the hole to insert the crank on the outside of the skirting. Is this something that should be done.

Also where the hole in the frame is to open the living room side I'm not sure there is any way to get the handle in there because the steps are covering part of the hole to insert the crank.

2007 Sundance 2900MK

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
FNDRBNDR, I am passing this information to our Service and maybe with some pic's they can get this taken care of for you. Thanks John

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
The information on where the holes should be for the cranks is: On the off door side (measuring from the rear of the chassis) the kitchen slide out manual crank is located @ 43”, 3” down on center, and on the door side the living room slide out crank is @ 164”, 3” down.

You will need to open the step to locate the crank on the door side.

If you take this information to your dealer they should be able to put the holes in the correct spot on the skirt metal. I believe the holes in the I-beam should be in place as they come to us with that but if not the measurements should apply to that as well.

fndrbndr

I can not access the hole to manually open the living room slide due to the steps are partially covering the hole and even if there is a hole in the skirting you will not be able to put the crank in the hole through the frame. because of the way the steps are mounted. If there was a hole it would be easy to open the kitchen. On the kitchen slide they put an extension off the motor that sticks out through the frame but on the living room slide there is nothing. Even if there were not any skirting on the side you would not be able to manually open the living room slide

Last edited:

fndrbndr

So no one know how to access the hole for the living room slide that is partially covered by the step brackets. Poor design in my opinion