Picture mounting help

TxRoadWarrior362

We have multiple framed pictures and wooden signs we want to mount on our interior walls. We have tried using Comand strips as well as heavy duty Velcro. Works great while parked, but they are on the floor after travel. Is it ok to use screws to mount? I don't want to hit wiring or anything else. Here's what we want on the walls that keeps falling off. P.s. That's me on the right in the chair. My favorite Christmas gift from my wife. My family!

not sure how to flip the pics right side up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 83

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
We used the command strips and had the same problem.I use clear silicone glue on the back of the command strip minis the stickie strip.When it dries it is very strong and if you want to take it off you can use a knife to pry it off and the silicone glue can be rubbed off because it is pliable. It is very strong and will not come off unless you pry it off.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Many of our wall fixtures are fastened with small brass screws and have stayed on the walls for 4 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

We have multiple framed pictures and wooden signs we want to mount on our interior walls. We have tried using Comand strips as well as heavy duty Velcro. Works great while parked, but they are on the floor after travel. Is it ok to use screws to mount? I don't want to hit wiring or anything else. Here's what we want on the walls that keeps falling off. P.s. That's me on the right in the chair. My favorite Christmas gift from my wife. My family!

not sure how to flip the pics right side up.

12VDC seems to be run in the ceiling. For checking for AC use a non touch AC voltage checker. Such as:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Non-Contact-Voltage-Tester-NCVT-1SEN/100661787

I also used mine at the RV park to make sure my fifth wheel is not hot.
Bu the way, you can fallow the Romex cable run through the walls with this. It is the best tool I have for seeing where the wire is routed in my S&B as well as the fifth wheel.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Do not put the sticky material on the back of the command strip.Just put silicone glue on the back where the sticky material should go.Spread it around the back and put on wall where you want it.It takes about 1 hour to dry.

MCTalley

We've used command strips successfully on a number of framed items and signs in our rig. We rarely have any come down during travel. The secret is to use a lot of them, depending on the type of item and its size. For example, I have a really nice framed print I took with me from our house. After having it fall a couple times, we eventually just ended up putting like 8 or 12 large strips on it to hold it firmly to the wall.

You'll also need to occasionally walk around and make sure they're pressed onto the wall. They do better on exterior walls, or interior walls where you have a stud or other firm support behind where you are mounting the item. If you press and the wall bows in behind it, it is nearly impossible to get the velcro to stick together well enough to hold the picture up on the wall.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have most wall decor items attached with the command Velcro strips. I take them down for travel, wrap in bubble wrap and put under the bed.

CoveredWagon

I have most wall decor items attached with the command Velcro strips. I take them down for travel, wrap in bubble wrap and put under the bed.

Thats what I was thinking all along. It can't take that long. Sheeeeesh

MCTalley

Thats what I was thinking all along. It can't take that long. Sheeeeesh

We are full-timers, so someone else's mileage may vary. However, I just did a quick walk through our rig and we have at least 33 items (pictures, signs, memorabilia, etc.) hanging on our walls with either velcro Command strips or command hooks (or a combination in a couple cases). To take them all down, wrap and store them every time we moved, then put them all back up when we arrived would take quite a while. Since they stay up fine, we leave them up all the time.

Now if every time we stopped somewhere we found several items on the floor, we would either reconsider the method of mounting said items or just not hang them up at all (or put them up and take them down every time we move).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are full-timers, so someone else's mileage may vary. However, I just did a quick walk through our rig and we have at least 33 items (pictures, signs, memorabilia, etc.) hanging on our walls with either velcro Command strips or command hooks (or a combination in a couple cases). To take them all down, wrap and store them every time we moved, then put them all back up when we arrived would take quite a while. Since they stay up fine, we leave them up all the time.

Now if every time we stopped somewhere we found several items on the floor, we would either reconsider the method of mounting said items or just not hang them up at all (or put them up and take them down every time we move).

It takes me about 15 min. -- I have about 10. We full time... we just traveled this weekend, and I haven't got them out and back up yet....!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I counted up today, 13 different items on various walls plus a 4 port USB charger. All ride along without issues and have for thousands of miles. Even this big heavy item over the fridge...
70aa981b28eec1e151c6bbf32ea3cbae.jpg