Landing gear slipped

maldds

I have a 2009 Sundance 2900MK with the non-hydraulic landing gear. I noticed that the non-motor side of my landing gear had dropped about 2.5 inches either as or after I raised the front of my fifth wheel in my driveway. Now the unit is sitting slanted toward the side that slipped. Could this be a problem with a stripped gear in the leg on that side? I think I can re-time the legs to be in synch again easily enough.
I have to put my landing gear up really high to get level in my drive. Could this also be a function of having the gear extended so high? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Mark

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I don't know if yours is exactly like mine but I had a bolt that fell out of the square tube that drives the gears. I would check both ends and make sure it didn't fall out or shear. The nuts on these bolts have been known to come off on a lot of past models.......Kenny

Jburks

We have the 2900MK, we were dropping in a local park and noticed the stands were not extending correctly, opened the front storage and found the nut had come off the passenger side and bolt fell out, was a pretty easy fix. We also need to extend the stands pretty far to get level and would be interested to know if the nut coming off is a side effect of this.

Debbie & Jack
2008 Sundance 2900MK
2005 Chevy 6.6 Duramax

maldds

Well, it was a nut. The nut had come off the motor side of the cross piece to the landing legs and the bolt sheared part way off. There is a gouge in the motor housing where the bolt rubbed against it. I replaced the nut and bolt and put thread locking material on the nut I replaced and on the other side. All's well. Thanks for the input.
See you down the road!