M32 / M33 - Adding Drawers to Nightstands

PeterS

Hi All,

We were used to having bedside drawers in the master and found the deep open cavities in the Mallard a bit un-ergonomical and impractical to hold small items, magazines etc.

Decided to have a carpenter friend build two custom drawers with quality, self closing rails. Rails screw down in front and to the side to stay solidly in place.

Stained the front boards myself and bought two WalMart knobs that closely resemble the existing hardware.

Wife loves it = me happy camper :)

Attachments

• Drawer1.jpg
    Drawer1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Drawer2.jpg
    Drawer2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 145

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can NOT show my wife this! Looks great and I want it done to mine! Have never understood why this wasn't done at the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, we said the same thing... our North Trail back in 2008 had the same "lack of" drawers. It has to be a cost saving measure.

Steve.Twoknee

Hey, we said the same thing... our North Trail back in 2008 had the same "lack of" drawers. It has to be a cost saving measure.

I'm sure it is, but really? LOL. On a different note I'm camping tonight in 54 degrees with a breeze that makes me think it is much colder and my glowsteps are amazing. Not so much due to a glow, but for comfort and security going in and out. I wish I would've known about these years ago!
31c352c83bd35cdf1c940ab4ae7f31c4.jpg

klp605

Hi All,

We were used to having bedside drawers in the master and found the deep open cavities in the Mallard a bit un-ergonomical and impractical to hold small items, magazines etc.

Decided to have a carpenter friend build two custom drawers with quality, self closing rails. Rails screw down in front and to the side to stay solidly in place.

Stained the front boards myself and bought two WalMart knobs that closely resemble the existing hardware.

Wife loves it = me happy camper :)

Love the drawers. I bet your carpenter friend could also build the drawers for dinette storage....and have a good side job for all of us wanting these mods. :)