PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet additions in garage and master bath

Fivesubs
04-14-2017, 01:34 PM
We are the proud owners of a 2016 425, and love it! We are wanting to add a tall cabinet to fit in between the glass door and the half bath door in the garage. Also wanting to add a cabinet to the wall above the toilet in the master bath. Has anyone done either of these additions / modifications?

If you have can you give me any details as to where you purchased the cabinets, brand name and size?

Much appreciated!

hboy1
04-18-2017, 09:32 AM
I'll try to include a picture of what we did. I bought a cubby storage from Sam's club (dark color stain like the camper). I don't think this storage piece would fit in your garage, but just thought I would share. There may be a smaller storage rack available.

I used small brackets to anchor the shelf to the garage wall framing. You can modify the shelf with a small piece of trim along the front edge of each opening to block the baskets from falling out during travel. Or use a bungee...

I think a cabinet above the toilet would bang your head. I have the corner toilet. I think the about of storage you could pick up with not be worth the cost and hassle to get something to fit.

Maybe not interested in this, but I would look at modifying the pantry to add shelving if you have room. Good luck!

Fivesubs
04-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Hboy1 - Thanks for the photo. Now I have an idea that might work. I have seen this style cubby in a single row, just have to find it now.

Puzzled_1
04-19-2017, 10:33 AM
We changed the medicine cabinet in our camper to a larger one and then used the original one behind the toilet.

TxRoadWarrior362
04-29-2017, 08:50 PM
I would love more storage. I added a self in the pantry. I'm looking at underneath storage options now. I have one saved on Amazon, about to pull the trigger. :cool:

Jwill18
07-21-2017, 10:06 PM
I'll try to include a picture of what we did. I bought a cubby storage from Sam's club (dark color stain like the camper). I don't think this storage piece would fit in your garage, but just thought I would share. There may be a smaller storage rack available.

I used small brackets to anchor the shelf to the garage wall framing. You can modify the shelf with a small piece of trim along the front edge of each opening to block the baskets from falling out during travel. Or use a bungee...

I think a cabinet above the toilet would bang your head. I have the corner toilet. I think the about of storage you could pick up with not be worth the cost and hassle to get something to fit.

Maybe not interested in this, but I would look at modifying the pantry to add shelving if you have room. Good luck!I like this idea. We are looking to do something very similar. Just curious if anyone else has done something similar to add additional cabinet/wardrobe space...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk