Winterizing washing machine

Quick question and maybe this has been discussed. I have a whirlpool washer with push buttons that I can't select spin or drain. Attached is a picture of the control panel. Can't see a model number for the washer. Any suggestions on how to winterize this particular model?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 17

danemayer

If you have an air compressor, you might run a couple of quick wash cycles on warm and then follow with one cycle using antifreeze.

If you have an air compressor, you might run a couple of quick wash cycles on warm and then follow with one cycle using antifreeze.

Thats what I was planning to do but was hoping there was another way to go about it then pumping however many gallons of antifreeze into the washer to get it into the drain cycle

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thats what I was planning to do but was hoping there was another way to go about it then pumping however many gallons of antifreeze into the washer to get it into the drain cycle

A. It doesn't take many gallons of AF to winterize a washer.
B. Try using a mirror to look on the back panel for the model/serial number
C. Go online and find the manual for it.
D. Air pressure alone will not winterize it. You have to have it running and pump AF into it (per instructions).
E. Failure to properly winterize it may result in the photo.

I realized I had screwed it up when I observed water dripping off the king pin while the machine was running. And I didn't have a drain pan under it. Now I do.

Attachments

• Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 40