Anderson valve rebuild kit.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I installed my first Anderson valve rebuild kit on a Big Horn today for a fellow Heartlander.
It really was really easy.
His has been filling his fresh water tank.
Sure enough when we pulled it out it had a missing O-ring
I'm going to see if I can get a few kit from Anderson to carry around with me for the rallys.
aed4e9cfc9c3619fc20bd10d9509ecfc.jpg
072f016076f57c5c7c12d6f748e7bbd3.jpg
e81eab1edde6d5d0353a94e7eb78558c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Same thing happened to me, but could not get a rebuild kit fast so I found a new Anderson valve and swapped the inner workings. I also purchased a tube of plumbers grease. As soon as it seems to be a bit harder to turn, I am taking it apart and greasing it.

avvidclif

With all the comments about the valve leaking I guaranteed mine wouldn't. I bought a rebuild kit and put it in the toolbox. Murphy sees that and goes somewhere else..........:rolleyes:

Remember it's always the part you don't have that breaks and on the little stuff I'm good. I don't carry a spare axle like one guy but the little stuff I have. Nuts, bolts, washers, screws, breakers, fuses, bulbs, water heater drain plugs, wire, etc etc......

Oregon_Camper

I installed my first Anderson valve rebuild kit on a Big Horn today for a fellow Heartlander.

What is involved in "pulling it out"

I might look into getting a spare as well. Where did you get the replacement?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The guy that I changed it for already had it. Heartland sent it to him.

It was really easy.
1) Just remove the twist knob.
2) back out the little alan screw a few turns with the supplied Alan wrench
3) twist the retainer counter clockwise and remove it and the spring.
4) reinstall the knob
5) twist and pull the entire assembly out.

The new valve is all lubed up and ready to install.

MikeR

I'm going to see if I can get a few kit from Anderson to carry around with me for the rallys.

When I replaced mine, the original cartridge was also missing an O Ring, along with a torn one. I spoke with customer service about the missing O Ring. He told me that on the earlier versions that particular O Ring was not installed during production. My Big Country was built in mid-2013, I don't know when they started installing the "missing" O Ring.

Oldelevatorman

We just replaced our Andersen cartridge today also on our 1 month old Landmark 365 Newport. When we took out cartridge one of the "O" rings was deformed. The City hook up kept filling up our fresh water tank until it overflowed. We tried the check valve addition to water pump first but did not stop problem.
We bought the repair kit and are getting an extra to keep on hand as our dealer said they fail commonly

MrRvGypsy

Here's a bunch of info on the Anderson Valve, including a link to this video that shows how to replace the cartridge.

Kudos to Ron at Anderson. He mailed me a valve cartridge by USPS and arrived 3 days later to the campground we are staying at no charge to us at all. Replaced it in about 15min's reading the instructions provided with the kit.

Dan just FYI Ron recommended I not view the online video for guidance due to some action or step in that video which he is not confident in. He only wanted me to view the instruction pamphlet that came with the cartridge.

I will be ordering a spare to carry with me to rescue myself or another camper with the same issue again.

BigGuy82

Take my advice - get spares - you'll need them. The Anderson valve cartridge is not sturdy at all - just plastic.

Also, I now turn off the supply water before rotating the valve. I don't trust those skimpy little rings because I don't think they can handle then pressure when switching from one function to another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BusManRG

Suggestions on where to purchase the repair kits?? The dealer has replaced ours twice since we picked up the unit in August. First time was at our request because because we had the fresh water fill issue. We're unclear about the 2nd time. It was at the dealer for warranty work and when we picked it up, it was on their list of completed items. Hmmm. Anyway, I'd feel better having a spare in the tool kit!

Sandy

richheck

Seasoned Member
Sandy, I bought one from fitzilla.com listed under valves. They also sell the complete Valve for just $13.00 more
ea4f6e4b3a89113ea9394076320f7457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aRAYwego

Well, woke up to water all over the ground this morning. Anderson 4-way valve is filling the tank while on city water. Called all dealerships close to me in So. Cal. and nobody has a rebuild kit and some didn't even know what I was talking about. I called Anderson Brass directly and talked to Ron. He is mailing me a rebuild kit free of charge. Now that's customer service. :eek:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ron has been kind enough to donate a handful of valve rebuild kits to me. I will have them on hand to install as needed on any of your rigs at the upcoming rally's or anywhere else you might see me. Just let me know you'd like me to look at it.
And of course I do most repairs on a pay it forward policy :)

danemayer

Well, woke up to water all over the ground this morning. Anderson 4-way valve is filling the tank while on city water. Called all dealerships close to me in So. Cal. and nobody has a rebuild kit and some didn't even know what I was talking about. I called Anderson Brass directly and talked to Ron. He is mailing me a rebuild kit free of charge. Now that's customer service. :eek:

James,

It's not always caused by the Anderson Valve. Take a look at our Fresh Tank Fills by Itself user guide.