Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Squirlee

Anyone using / have used these tires for towing? I am replacing my Firestones that I barely got 40,000 KM out of. My trailer is 15,000 lbs loaded.

Thanks

pegmikef

Anyone using / have used these tires for towing? I am replacing my Firestones that I barely got 40,000 KM out of. My trailer is 15,000 lbs loaded.

Thanks

Not those, but I just replaced the tires on my two vehicle (a couple hundred miles less than 50k) with the same tires that it came with: BF Goodrich Rugged Trail TA. I figure they did well for four years and 50K miles, so why change. About 1400 bucks for the six installed.

MP_CS

We use those on our work trucks and they are ok IMHO. I would look into other brands before spending the money on those. We use them pretty hard and only average about 20-25k miles on them at the very most. They are to aggressive for a strict towing rig but if you need the lugs for other things they are good. I have been using the toyo open countrys for a few years now and really like them.

Gaffer

I have been using Toyo MT's for the last 150k (since new) on my Ram 3500 and have always gotten 50k out of them and this is an aggressive tread. This time I switched to the new Toyo RT which is somewhere between the MT and AT. Good wear so far.

SNOKING

Our Firestone Transforce AT have 27K miles on them and I am debating if I should replace them before heading North on the 29th. They will get replaced this summer for sure. Michelin Defender LTX M&S will most likely be my choice. Chris

Squirlee

Thank you for all the replies folks.

I am just about down to the bars on my Firestones and only 12,000 KM were with the trailer.

I am stuck on Duratrac, Adventure or Trail Runner (which is a new line for GY).

SNOKING

Thank you for all the replies folks.

I am just about down to the bars on my Firestones and only 12,000 KM were with the trailer.

I am stuck on Duratrac, Adventure or Trail Runner (which is a new line for GY).

Your 3500 a SRW with 275/70R18E's? What makes you want something from Goodyear? They do not seem to be a leader in pickup tire sales. Chris

SNOKING

275/70R18 125/122S M+S and yes it is SRW.

The only reason I am looking at Goodyear is Fountain has a 3 for 4 sale on right now.

If you go to Discount Tire and put that size in, it will give you list of tires and sized and has many consumer reviews for each. Chris

avvidclif

You didn't say how many miles were on the tires, just towing miles. I use Michelin in that size and the last set had 50k MILES when I swapped them out and they were not worn out then, I went to different size in the same brand for weight reasons.

Squirlee

You didn't say how many miles were on the tires, just towing miles. I use Michelin in that size and the last set had 50k MILES when I swapped them out and they were not worn out then, I went to different size in the same brand for weight reasons.

40,000 KM on the tires with 12,000 with a trailer. The tires aren't burnt down to the cords yet but I definitely need to replace them this summer.

Vasquez

We live in Colorado (average snowfall is 3-4 ft, and can take passes without chains)and these tires are the only ones we will use on any vehicle. We are towing with a 15 ram 2500 and a 16 bighorn 3010re. No issues at all! We originally had 20in rims as that is what the truck came with, so we put the duratrac's on them, but after less than a year we decided to go to smaller rims. we choose 17in rims, but a bigger size so we wouldn't loose the look. we get much better performance. We love these tires and have over 10,000 towing miles on them!

Squirlee

We live in Colorado (average snowfall is 3-4 ft, and can take passes without chains)and these tires are the only ones we will use on any vehicle. We are towing with a 15 ram 2500 and a 16 bighorn 3010re. No issues at all! We originally had 20in rims as that is what the truck came with, so we put the duratrac's on them, but after less than a year we decided to go to smaller rims. we choose 17in rims, but a bigger size so we wouldn't loose the look. we get much better performance. We love these tires and have over 10,000 towing miles on them!

Perfect.Thanks.