2014 3200rs

TomD1

Hi all, Just joined the forum and I am in the market for a 5th wheeler. It seems my son-in-laws sister has a 2014 Gateway 3200RS she wants to sell. She is the second owner. She said the first owner went out for a two week trip and his wife had a stroke into the second week, that's all it was used. She bought it, says in two years she has used it about 2 weeks. (short trips to the beach) Is there something specific that I should be looking for, I hope to look at it this weekend.

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum. My 1st concern would be it's lack of use, as in just siting around. Those few trips to the beach make me think of salt air and sand. I guess my biggest concern would be the wheel bearings, brakes, and tires. I wouldn't even look at the bearings, just change them out. If it's not covered, the tires should be replaced. Then it is just the basic inspection with it hooked up to shore power and water. Look very close for any water intrusion. I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck on your endeavor.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check for signs of water leaks. Look for soft spongy floors, swollen wood trim, discolored wood, mushrooms growing inside, musty odors and things of that nature.
Since the trailer is a few years old know that you will need to inspect the caulking and re-caulk wherever needed.

Peace
Dave

TomD1

My son-in-law said as long as his sister has owned it has been stored under cover. She said when she bought it was under cover. I hope that helps. I have already resigned my self to the fact I would replace the tires, bearings, and seals.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
I don't know if you decided to get this RV but as a 2015 Gateway 3200RS owner, I couldn't be happier. All of the above comments are certainly valid for a seldom used RV. You already plan to replace the tires and we replaced ours with Goodyear G something or other (hubby is the one to ask on that). We had a slight problem with the bathroom floor getting unbearably hot, the dealer fixed that. The sink does not have clips in the front and had started to fall away from the countertop. If you have the couch with the three recliners, make sure they are completely retracted before closing the slides and traveling. The road bumps may release them and will wreck the slide when you open it. Really that is all we have had problems with and hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. --Shelley