drawer slides come off

davelinde

One of our drawers is always jumping off the slides, it's not over loaded and I'm not sure how/why it keeps coming off. It almost seems like they are spaced a tad too wide and if I shimmed one in a little the assembly would be more secure. Not sure...

Anyone else see this? Did you fix it?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
You already know the problem. You will need to add some more spacers. I have used washers to space the drawer glides from either the frame or the drawers themselves. It can be frustrating but when they are correctly installed you just cannot beat these full extension slides.

Mark

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We had one side of one drawer a bit skewed. We did the same with small 1/4" washers and it took the "slop" out of it. You have to be a bit of a carpenter/mechanic to have an RV, no matter who or what Amish- worker makes them. These slides beat the stuffing out of the plastic-ended brackets.

Tom of Ypsi

Had the same thing happen to all of my drawer slides in the kitchen when we first got our Landmark. I just respaced and put in new screws, everything is working right since then. Pulled into Elkhart Campground yesterday and my stove top fell through to the bottom cabinet. Having no oven it was a fairly easy fix, a couple of boards cut to length, screwed and glued and back in business. The major problem was I have granite counters and Recreational Specialties said to just reglue it. Why reglue when it gave out and I would have to do it again sometime down the road.

davelinde

We had one side of one drawer a bit skewed. ...These slides beat the stuffing out of the plastic-ended brackets.

I looked again and it does seem like the slides are not parallel to the drawer, so when they are fully extended they are almost too far from the drawer to stay attached. I'll need to pull it apart to see if the back is slotted and can be adjusted (that would be how I'd do it...)

Agreed though, these are waaay better than the plastic end brackets that cracked and spit the drawer out in transit on my last rig... now that you mention it.