How would a lift kit affect tow capacity?

SNOKING

Generally speaking lifted trucks do not make good tow vehicles. Softer springs and tires that are no longer E rated. Hitch height issues and on and on.

5th wheel are almost impossible, bumper pulls maybe.

I tell people to turn their hat back around with the bill in the front a lot!

Our choice however!

Chris

EB3

Your rear axle has maximum load capacity. Check the placard inside the drivers door. Using air bags or any other device does not increase load capacity. Air bags can help level the truck when it squats under load. Everyone should have their rig weighed to see how much weight is on each wheel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The link to Auto Trader says the truck is no longer offered for sale.
So it might not matter now.

Peace
Dave

esscobra

if done correctly you will be safe- I had a 2003 2500 duramax with 9.5 lift kit and 38 tires- pulled 30ft enclosed race car trailer before getting rv in 2011- so you can get wheels rated for the weight ( centerline ) as well as tires - also make sure the lift uses the correct components- I had custom heavy springs and airbags wit custom mounts- curt makes a big drop heavy duty receiver for weight dist hitches - towed a lot this way for 6 years- if you invest in the correct equipment - you will be good- truck was ut under 10ft to top of cab

320RLDS 35' 6" lgth dry 8,115 hitch 1,215 10,500 2,385

Attachments

• IMG_1845.JPG
    IMG_1845.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 26

hoefler

Larger diameter tires is like going to a higher gear ratio. Depending on how much difference between stock and what you put on there to how much change. Example, if you have 4.10 with stock, you could effectively be at a 3.73 or higher.