Waxing the RV

paleclaire

Has anyone found or built an extension for a random orbital polisher? Seems it would be easy to mount a six foot pole to one and save the countless trips up and down a ladder. I was thinking of modifying my telescoping deck brush. Any bracket ideas would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nfa1eab

Could probably tape the on button down with duct tape and secure the pole with radiator hose clamps. Only drawback I see is how heavy it would be. Looking up while working with your arms up and controlling something heavy is asking for a cervical disk aggravation. I would rather make a scaffold using two step ladders and heavy planks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

paleclaire

Could probably tape the on button down with duct tape and secure the pole with radiator hose clamps. Only drawback I see is how heavy it would be. Looking up while working with your arms up and controlling something heavy is asking for a cervical disk aggravation. I would rather make a scaffold using two step ladders and heavy planks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

The one I have has an on off switch and is pretty light, I was thinking a swivel of some sort would keep it flush to the surface.

paleclaire

Test run coming soon! I have a push button extension cord so I can apply wax to the pad and turn on once its seated on the rig so I don't get a wax shower. If it works well I wll get some lock nuts so it won't loosen while swiveling. I used a straight floor squeegee from Ace and hammered it into shape. The weight isnt bad once its leaning on a solid surface. Hopefully will cut waxing time down considerably.
3756def5405ab95aac88ea0b02500f3d.jpg
7e1e664f3a86100ae9132a22909838bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk