Tow a boat behind a Cyclone?

RIOF16

I am pondering the possibility of attching a ball hitch to the back of my cyclone 3210 and towing a boat & trailer behind it. It's a basic 18 foot aluminum v-bottom boat, total length with the trailer is about 22 feet. Not much weight, but would make a pretty long train to pull.

Anyone know if it can/has been done and if it's legal with a basic driver license?

RIO

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The question you are asking depends on several factors.
1. Some states prohibit double trailer towing
2. Most states have length restrictions and you would probably exceed them
3. Some states require a different driver's license to double tow even with an RV
4. Some insurance policies prohibit this type of towing.

My advise would be to check with you individual state for requirements. Also you tow vehicle my be way overloaded, depending on the type of tow vehicle you have.

Hope this helps....

JimandSina

Give this link a look it lists the legal lengths and towing combinations for all states
, hope it helps
Jim

RIOF16

Looks like if I want to do this combo: GMC 2500HD + cyclone 3210 + 22 foot boat trailer, it's way over the 65 foot limit for triple tow in Ohio, where I was thinking about this crazy plan...

PLAN B...

Thanks for the links, very helpful.

Last edited:

christianson

Check out your laws in the states you are going to go to the laws in these webb sites are not correct the are out dated the ones for MN are not right.

Dennist

atving and camping...
Thats why I bought a 13.5' Boston Whaler! I believe when I get it restored it will be right at 64.9999 feet long with our f 350 and 4012!