Cable TV

Mocopro

I can not seem to get cable on any of the two TV's. I have a 3160el. Have turned off the booster and turned it on. Even got a new cable and not matter what I do I am the only camper not get any cable tv. Not sure what to do next but very frustrating to say the least. Please help. thanks.

weekender01

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but lets start with some questions to determine where the problem may be occurring.

1. Is this the first time this has occurred? Have you gotten cable in your camper before?
2. Are you connected to the RV park cable or on antenna? If on cable turn off the booster
3. If on park cable to what connector in your docking station are you connected?
4. What coaxial outlet are you connected to inside? There are usually2, 1 for SAT and 1 for cable.
5 Did you perform a channel scan on the TV with the correct selection for cable or air?

Let us know the answers as this will help guide us to where the problem is. Also do you have a small TV you could hook up the RV post outside just to confirm you truly have cable.

Good luck

NHCelt

Run a known piece of good cable right to the tv to determine if it is the tv or cable. If you get tv....you have the answer. I am assuming that you have selected the proper inputs for cable on the tv....but check.

So if you get tv by bypassing the rv wiring, you will have to find the cause of the problem in the rv cable wiring.

I would start at the back of the "cable in" and check the connector. They are very often loose. Then remove the face plate at the tv out at the entertainment center and do the same. Also, there is often a connector within the wall at the entertainment center. Gingerly see if you can pull the cables out of the wall and check for a connection. You can check cable continuity if you have a multi meter.

If still nothing obvious, you will have to start checking the integrity of the cables and connections. I had loose connections, completely unhooked connections and bad connectors. I also had a bad section of cable in the wall at the entertainment center. Pulled new cable and solved my poor sat tv reception.

Good luck. It can be frustrating but you will find it.

Mocopro

It is not the first time. This is the third park I've tried to connect to. I've tried with the booster both off and on and still nothing. I'm connected to the catv inlet on my coach. Can't do a channel scan since I have the smart Roku tv but have gone all the way through the channels. And I am not sure what the coaxial outlet is but if it's the one on the booster then it's connected to the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

It is not the first time. This is the third park I've tried to connect to. I've tried with the booster both off and on and still nothing. I'm connected to the catv inlet on my coach. Can't do a channel scan since I have the smart Roku tv but have gone all the way through the channels. And I am not sure what the coaxial outlet is but if it's the one on the booster then it's connected to the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mocopro,

I don't know enough about Roku enabled TVs to understand why a channel scan can't be done, and I know that there are some new TVs that may be able to figure things out automatically, but if you haven't done so, you should review the TV user manual to make sure you don't need to set it to cable and do a channel scan.

Also, if you connect a coax cable directly to the park's cable outlet, and run it through a window to the TV, you can narrow things down. If a direct connection still doesn't work, you know you have something else to do with the TV. If it does work, you know you have something else to do with the coach wiring.

You might take a look at our Landmark 365 User Guide. The A/V setup in a Bighorn is similar, and it might help you figure things out.

SNOKING

When checking coax ends, look carefully down in the connector to make sure that a strand or two of the shield is not wrapped around the center conductor shorting it out. All coax connections need to be checked on all leads, as the factory "techs" are challenged to properly tighten them. That includes carefully pulling out the coax leads for the main slide where is goes thru the I-beam. There are a barrel connectors that are tucked in there. Chris