Subscribing to to the HOC Events Calendar

jbeletti

There are several ways to view Heartland Owners Club (HOC) events from this forum (List, Calendar, Map, Event Threads).

Have you ever wished you could have the HOC Events show up on your personal calendar (on your computer and/or mobile device)? Well, now you can!

To do this, using a computer (laptop/desktop), access your calendar and if it supports the iCal protocol, use the directions in the attached PDF to add the HOC Events calendar. Once you have it added, it will take a few minutes to synchronize and they you'll have it all!

Once you've got it added and synchronized, it should show up on the same calendar brand/type on your mobile devices.

For those that do add this calendar subscription, please circle back here with your feedback so we can all learn and if the documentation needs to be updated, I can do that.

UPDATE: The attachment has been updated to include instructions on adding the Heartland Events Calendar directly to an iOS (Apple) device. Thanks John Cull!

Attachments

• Subscribe to HOC Events Calendar.pdf
    679.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've had my calendar synced for some time now.
I did notice one thing though. Once the original event is created it does not update.
For example the TX rally 3/17 - 3/19 shows TBD on my calendar. It did not update to reflect that the rally was then determined to be in Alpine.

Peace
Dave

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Worked just like Jim outlined in the PDF.

I did it in google calendar on my laptop.

Once I reached the spot for the URL I copied and pasted the URL from the PDF. After clicking Add calendar all events showed up in a matter of seconds.

On my phone I had to go into Calendar settings and check the box for Heartland events before they showed up on the calendar.

jbeletti

UPDATE: The attachment has been updated to include instructions on adding the Heartland Events Calendar directly to an iOS (Apple) device. Thanks John Cull!

RDsStudio59

Thanks Jim. Works great with one exception. Set this up on my lap top in Google calendar and it populated instantly. Looked at my calendar on phone (also Google calendar) and it would not populate. Samsung Android phone had to open calendar then menu. Click on Manage Calendar, scroll down the list and click tic for Hartland Calandar. Instantly refreshed and loaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thanks Jim. Works great with one exception. Set this up on my lap top in Google calendar and it populated instantly. Looked at my calendar on phone (also Google calendar) and it would not populate. Samsung Android phone had to open calendar then menu. Click on Manage Calendar, scroll down the list and click tic for Hartland Calandar. Instantly refreshed and loaded.

Good feedback. Sounds like you added the subscription on a PC, and the calendar was added on your mobile device but was not active/selected. That behavior isn't unexpected but good to know. Later, I'll update the instructions to mention this. Thanks again.

RDsStudio59

Good feedback. Sounds like you added the subscription on a PC, and the calendar was added on your mobile device but was not active/selected. That behavior isn't unexpected but good to know. Later, I'll update the instructions to mention this. Thanks again.
You are correct.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Just stumbled on the thread and wanted to know what events might happen the last of 2017 and early 2018 down south. Followed Jim's instructions and it worked well on Google desktop, and also populated on my Android calendar which came prepackaged.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Just stumbled on the thread and wanted to know what events might happen the last of 2017 and early 2018 down south. Followed Jim's instructions and it worked well on Google desktop, and also populated on my Android calendar which came prepackaged.

At the top of this page you can click on Events down arrow and you will see all the currently planned events. Check back often because events are added. Note that events occur all over the country so there can be more than one event on any given weekend, although there will not be more than one event in any given region of the HOC.

jbeletti

Thank you for breathing life into this thread to bring it back into the "What's New" :)

I love the calendar feature. It populated my Mac calendar and my Google calendar and by extension, appears on my smartphone calendar.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
On my iPhone with iOS 11.0.3, the steps have changed. I had to go to:
Accounts and Passwords
Add Account
Other
Add Subscribed Calendar

From there the steps were the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk