Ken Washington

K

Ken Washington

Air conditioner problems

We have a 37ft. Grand Cayon with one air conditioner and not happy with it in warm to hot weather.:mad: We are thinking about a second unit in the bedroom but not sure how it will function with the main unit. We are also considering swapping out the main unit and going with two heat pumps. On our last trip, we used 20 gallons of propane to heat the trailer for 10 nights. Dealer has already checked unit out and Heartland had dealer install 3 more vents in main living area to try to help this issue. Can anyone who has two units tell me what they think about this issue?

Last edited:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Boy would I be interested in having the same thing done to my Grand Canyon #29. While at my daughters I used 16 gallons in four nights. That was before the furnace decided to stop working. Went to a dealer and found the circuit board for the ignitor was bad, replaced it and all is working fine now. But imagine my surprise to waking up with all the lines in the basement frozen. Let us know how the heat pumps work out. I have a heat strip in my one AC unit and it does fairly well if aided by a couple of ceramic heaters.