2017 Mallard M28

Shay911

We are camping now and it is our 4th trip since purchasing in Oct 2016. It is pouring down rain and we have water in the floor by the bathroom. It's by the wood vent where heat umit is located. We took the vent off and there is water in the corner and under the 2x4's the heat unit is on. We are camping in Floroda on 3 weeks for 8 days. First long trip. This has to be fixed???
Anyone else have this problem? I have read on Facebook many people with brand new heartland campers with leaks from bad seals on brand new campers and heartland not wanting to fix???

danemayer

We are camping now and it is our 4th trip since purchasing in Oct 2016. It is pouring down rain and we have water in the floor by the bathroom. It's by the wood vent where heat umit is located. We took the vent off and there is water in the corner and under the 2x4's the heat unit is on. We are camping in Floroda on 3 weeks for 8 days. First long trip. This has to be fixed???
Anyone else have this problem? I have read on Facebook many people with brand new heartland campers with leaks from bad seals on brand new campers and heartland not wanting to fix???
Hi Shay911,

Sorry you're having problems. Water can be from a lot of things. Could be from the rain. Could be from the plumbing. The one thing you can be sure of is the longer it goes on before getting fixed, the worse the problem will be. If you're the first owner, I have no doubt that Heartland will cover it under warranty.

If you aren't in a position to take it to a dealer right now, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Explain the situation and ask them to authorize mobile service to come to you. You'll have to pay the servicer's travel charge, but that's usually a good tradeoff compared to towing the rig to the dealer and dropping it off.

Whatever you do, don't let the leak continue without being addressed. That could lead to extensive damage that might be considered consequential, and not covered by warranty.