Tire pressure monitor

Mikemec51

Just wanted to ask this crazy group what their feelings are on using a tire pressure monitoring system on your RV. I have a 2013 N. Trail. Any suggestions would be very helpful as we are first timers with a big trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I, like many others here, use a TPMS on the trailer.
I also have 6 sensors on the truck.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Very worth it to protect your investment. Blowout damage will probably be covered under your comprehensive insurance, but they never come at a convenient time, and may raise your rates down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikemec51

This is what I am thinking of getting. Any feedback would be welcome. TireMinder TM55c-B Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for Trailers

Oregon_Camper

This is what I am thinking of getting. Any feedback would be welcome. TireMinder TM55c-B Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for Trailers

Can't give info on that make/model...but I just installed the TST TPMS on my truck and Bighorn this last weekend. They are AMAZING....setup was a breeze and I didn't need a repeater to get the RV's signal to the truck.

In my opinion, some things are worth paying a bit more for.

Base kit has 6 sensors, if you have SRW, you need to add the 2 pack to your cart...if you have a DRW, then add the 4 pack to cart.

Link to Amazon.....hope is helps.

515Dyt-jB9L.jpg

Last edited:
The TireMinder TM55c-B has an 80 psi max. Not enough for my trailer tires (2016 Heartland Ashland).

I went with the EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 10 Sensors (TPMS).

https://www.amazon.com/EEZTire-Tire...e=UTF8&qid=1494932275&sr=8-2&keywords=eeztire

I like that you can monitor all 10 sensors when towing or just the truck when unhitched. I purchased the ProClip center mount (2015 Ford F350) since I wanted a more permanent installation.

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...1-2016/proclip-center-mount-854872-13254.cmsv

25ilxj5.jpg

Mikemec51

Can't give info on that make/model...but I just installed the TST TPMS on my truck and Bighorn this last weekend. They are AMAZING....setup was a breeze and I didn't need a repeater to get the RV's signal to the truck.

In my opinion, some things are worth paying a bit more for.

Base kit has 6 sensors, if you have SRW, you need need to at the 2 pack to your cart...if you have a DRW, then add the 4 pack to cart.

Link to Amazon.....hope is helps.

View attachment 51767

Thanks for the reply. I picked up the ones that I listed in my question. They install very easy and seem to be great. I will give them a test next week when we take the trailer to Moab.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks for the reply. I picked up the ones that I listed in my question. They install very easy and seem to be great. I will give them a test next week when we take the trailer to Moab.

That is awesome. You will tow the RV a bit more at ease, knowing all 8-10 tires are properly inflated. :cool:

DIYJunkie

I have a TST tire monitor. One of the tires was showing a higher temperature and pressure gain than the other three tires. Turns out that that tire has a bulge on the inside side of the sidewall. Wouldn't have reason to check without the monitor. Fortunately the tire didn't blow. Towmax tires - always checked the pressure before leaving for a trip or the weekend, not overloaded, low mileage.

Routemaster

I just found a TPMS-203-RVT in a draw of this coach never bee used. So were would the best place the antenna please not said in the handbook that I can see.
Den.

DIYJunkie

I just found a TPMS-203-RVT in a draw of this coach never bee used. So were would the best place the antenna please not said in the handbook that I can see.
Den.

I put my antenna in the front compartment so it is between the tire sensors and the monitor in the truck. Put the antenna between the sensors and the monitor.