Seperate washer and dryer or all in one?

bthornto

We are eagerly awaiting our BH and are starting to plan out the steps after we pick it up in June.

Based on everything I've read, it seems like a vented dryer is the way to go but I don't see many conversations about stacking seperate units vs an all in one.

I think the closet in the 3270 can go either way. Any thoughts or suggestions that might help us decide?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your floorplan has the space for it, a stacked set would be my choice. A stacked unit does eliminate a bit of clothes hanging space, though. Our 3670 floorplan only allowed for a combo unit in the bedroom closet...facing sideways. It doesn't leave much hanging space above it, so we use the top of it like a shelf for lightweight bags. We've gotten used to it.

Power-Stroke

We have had both (all in one and stackables) and very much prefer the separate stackables. And yes, vented is the way to go!!!

Jay

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It may also depend on how much you use the rig and how valuable your time is. We fulltime, I do a week's worth of laundry for two, over 2-3 days, in a combo. I work from home so it's not an inconvenience for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHCelt

It will also depend upon how close you are to your weight limits...the stackable unit has more weight.

bthornto

Good point, we have a 2015 F350 SRW diesel. Looks like it can do 15,700 for a fifth wheel and I think the 3270 comes in at 12k. We haul some stuff, but I hope not 3k!

farside291

We bought an LG combo and love the washer but hated the drying portion, it was a wrinkle monster. Then we bought a Splendide dryer to mount on top and love it. Now we can wash/dry towels in washer combo and dry pants and shirts in the Splendide dryer. Best of both worlds.

bthornto

We bought an LG combo and love the washer but hated the drying portion, it was a wrinkle monster. Then we bought a Splendide dryer to mount on top and love it. Now we can wash/dry towels in washer combo and dry pants and shirts in the Splendide dryer. Best of both worlds.
That's brilliant. I never even considered starting with a combo and adding a single later :) I think DW is gonna make the call here though, most likely splendide seperate units. It's really hard to find complaints about them.

farside291

Check out the LG combo units, They have the exact same features as their full size counterparts. We started with a combo because I was not too crazy about cutting a 4 inch hole in my brand new fifth wheel and it was a substantial cost savings over purchasing a separate washer and dryer. I guess I had to wait until the new wore off. I swear though, I think my blood pressure was sky high while I was drilling that hole. Also, the Splendide stack kit worked perfectly with my LG combo. Be sure to remove the top to see where to drill so you don't hit something with a screw.