Question for anyone else using a Ford w/gas motor

Mattman

So looks like my excursion has a bad coil. Wow I know. Ford motor with a bad COP. Never happens right. So if anyone else has been down this road, have you tried any other coil brands other than motorcraft? I asked this on the Ford forum. Everyone says motorcraft. But yet they always seem to be the ones going out. Just curious if anyone on here tried another and had good luck towing.
Thanks

EB3

Lost one in a 04 F150 around 90k replaced with Motorcraft. No further problems traded 30k later. Now have 13 F150 max tow V6 twin turbo. Awesome truck way more pulling power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinguni

Replace the COP every time you change plugs. They are cheap and eventually the rubber will crack. And yes, use nothing but Motorcraft plugs and boots.

TxRoadWarrior362

I think meant the boot, not the coil pac. Most times when one coil pac goes out, another one isn't far behind. We gave our customers the option of replacing all, or roll the dice.

Motorcraft was the only option given at our shop.

Tim

Mattman

I found motorcraft coil packs on line for 35. But if I multiple that by 10 it's adds up pretty quick. If we where driving it every day then with out a doubt I would do them all. But it does a lot of sitting. Which can not be good for it either. So I bought 2 for now. Plus a tester for them. Figure out which one is acting. So thanks for the input. Hopefully it will get me through another camper seasson. If not I'll be looking for one with a power stroke. Forget the COPs.

avvidclif

Buy an OBD reader or go to Oreilly and have them read it. They can tell you which cylinder it is.