Wall in Basement - Ideas for Quick Access

Oregon_Camper

In the next month or so, I'm finally going to get around to installing my 2k inverter....lot of work here.

One thing I want to do is modify the basement wall, so I can get back there without having to take ALL those screws out each time.

Wondering if anyone here has done some type of quick access setup? Perhaps making the wall into 3 sections, that can slide on a rail (like closet doors??)

Garypowell

I put up 2 by 2 framing and use white coroplast cut to size with velcro holding it in place. Zip it out and easy reinstall.

I still have the original particle board right inside the door side opening that has electrical, etc. connections.

At the same time I moved the whole wall back about a foot to make the basement bigger. There was a lot of wasted space back there.

The he vacuume was moved behind the wall.

NHCelt

I put the wall section that abuts the waterworks on a piano hinge that allows me to check the water and cable connections very easily, but I like the velcro wall panel idea to allow fuller access.

Gary521

The section that I want to access quickly, ( water pump and EMS ) was cut from the rest. I added hinges on both side of the access panel. However, I removed the hinge pins on all the hinges and replaced the hinge pins with spring pins. This way I can pull the spring pins and easily pull the panel. By leaving the spring pins in on one side, the panel will swing. Maybe not the greatest, but it works.

happykraut

I cut my wall into 3 sections. One is on a piano hinge, the section behind the step is screwed in and the 3rd piece is just held in with a couple screws. I mounted a 2500W inverter on the front wall and drilled through the wall where the batteries are located. Used pieces of garden hose as grommets to run the heavy cabling through.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks... Your slide is kinda what I was thinking of doing. Did you reuse the same wood or get new panels?

New panels. They are hardboard. Sprayed with "hammered metal" enamel paint.

fb7d1b0faf931a2435ad84a0a219270a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk