Newbie has questions!

atckid

Howdy Wise Ones!

We ajust purchased a new 2017 Mallard M27. We are new to rving and look forwrd to our new adventures. We took our camper for her maiden voyage last week and have a few questions.

1) Is a slide cover/awning worth the money?

2) What is the best way to attach towel bars, shelves, hooks etc to the walls? I use mainly the spring type wall anchors at home but not sure these will work.

3) How important is a tire pressure/heat monitor system for my trailer?

4)Any other "newbie" advice will be greatly appreciated.

5) Just curious, which is correct: "Travel Trailer" or "Camper"?

Thanks for your help

Sandy, Barbara and furbaby "Ebby" J.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy Wise Ones!

We ajust purchased a new 2017 Mallard M27. We are new to rving and look forwrd to our new adventures. We took our camper for her maiden voyage last week and have a few questions.

1) Is a slide cover/awning worth the money.

2) What is the best way to attach towel bars, shelves, hooks etc to the walls? I use mainly the spring type wall anchors at home but not sure these will work.

3) How important is a tire pressure/heat monitor system for my trailer.

4)Any other "newbie" advice will be greatly appreciated.

5) Just curious, which is correct: "Travel Trailer" or "Camper".
Thanks for your help

Sandy, Barbara and furbaby "Ebby" J.

1) Is a slide cover/awning worth the money. In my opinion yes. Others feel differently because of wind noise.

2) What is the best way to attach towel bars, shelves, hooks etc to the walls? I use mainly the spring type wall anchors at home but not sure these will work. I feel the best way to attach is to use a decorative board and screw into a wall stud, then attach your hooks to that. Be careful when hanging anything to a wall that hides a pocket door.

3) How important is a tire pressure/heat monitor system for my trailer. I would not be without a pressure monitor.

4)Any other "newbie" advice will be greatly appreciated. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

5) Just curious, which is correct: "Travel Trailer" or "Camper". Well, it is a Travel Trailer, a Camper and an RV. I call our 39 foot 5th wheel a camper or a trailer, sometimes an RV. Call it what you want.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

I would not be without a PMS/EMS made by Progressive. The HW350C would be a good choice. I have the slide toppers on my BH and like them.