rear camera

tessa

I want to get a rear view camera (one that is on all the time - not back up only) I checked with Furrion and they said I need to find out if my camper is wired to the clearance lights too. they have a model that will work FOS48TAPK-BL. has anyone used this camera or know how I can check to see if my camper is wired correctly.

thanks
3760 EL

'Lil Guy'

My BH came prewired for the BUC and I installed the Furrion HS camera. On all the time. When rig is under power or on batt, your camera is still on. Some people have opted to put a remote cutoff in wiring to turn off when not needed.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I have the Furrion Observation camera that I tied into the marker light power. So the camera is on when my lights are on (whenever I am towing).

pjones1969

My 17 Cyclone was pre-wired, I installed the FOS48TAPK-BL High Speed / Backup, its hot all the time. I had an empty fuse holder in the front compartment that I had to put a 10a fuse in, learned that little tidbit of info online. Love this setup, highly recommended

a38cc951a1f8b06461a03b270e630dfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Looking out the back window, if you have a sconce lights on either side of the window, your pre-wired mount should be powered from the one on the right.

I added a switch to my sconce so that I can turn it off when parked.

For some reason the camera with mount was cheaper on Amazon than the one to go in an existing mount. Chris

richheck

Seasoned Member
I tied my Furrion high speed camera into the overhead clearance lights being mine are all LEDs. Always on as long as I have my lights on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMP

My 17 Cyclone was pre-wired, I installed the FOS48TAPK-BL High Speed / Backup, its hot all the time. I had an empty fuse holder in the front compartment that I had to put a 10a fuse in, learned that little tidbit of info online. Love this setup, highly recommended

a38cc951a1f8b06461a03b270e630dfc.jpg

Hey PJones, is it possible you can share a picture of the fuse box and location you inserted the 10a fuse? thanks.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our rear camera is hard wired to our truck. While we are traveling, we can turn it on thru the navigator system of the truck. Sorry but I do not know the brand of the camera but our dealer, RVs For Less, works with a local auto audio company to do the install. This company also installed a camera in the third brake light which we use when hooking up.

tessa

I ordered the camera on Monday from Walmart.com- got it today. very easy install, plugged the camera into the truck and the rear image showed up.
it works even when the truck is not hooked up to the trailer.
thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I ordered the camera on Monday from Walmart.com- got it today. very easy install, plugged the camera into the truck and the rear image showed up.
it works even when the truck is not hooked up to the trailer.
thanks

I haven't tried it but thought, if I have a 12volt plug (cigarette lighter type) in my rig, I could plug in the monitor and watch the cam view from inside the rig while parked.

Nuclearcowboy

I haven't tried it but thought, if I have a 12volt plug (cigarette lighter type) in my rig, I could plug in the monitor and watch the cam view from inside the rig while parked.

Just get you a 120V converter that you can use to plug in to - they are inexpensive.

JMP

Here you go

784cdcbb56ea337d0f9201a445494ddb.jpg

dd37b7851ef8a06e5ef8c82edbdb24f7.jpg

Thanks. I've been trying to figure out where that empty 10A fuse location is in my RW427. I purchased the Furrion Camera about 4 months ago and installed it, but no power to the camera. Before tying into the clearance lights, I wanted to first try locating the fuse location to see if I would first get power to the camera. Appreciate your efforts here PJones.

pjones1969

I was looking at the site yesterday where I originally saw this info, google search momentumgunner, he mentions a orange wire, so when I went to take the pic I looked to verify that and there is a orange wire right below the yellow one and through a series of several wire nut connections it is part of that fuse holder, could be a coincidence since that was described as being on a Momentum not a Heartland, somewhere to start anyway

redevil

So my 2017 NT 24BHS isn't pre-wired for a backup camera, but after backing it up for the first time I figured I should look into it more.

Is there any cheaper alternatives that anyone would recommend besides the Furrion one? Also what is the best way to mount and tap into the 12v line if it isn't pre-wired?

Thanks

SNOKING

So my 2017 NT 24BHS isn't pre-wired for a backup camera, but after backing it up for the first time I figured I should look into it more.

Is there any cheaper alternatives that anyone would recommend besides the Furrion one? Also what is the best way to mount and tap into the 12v line if it isn't pre-wired?

Thanks

Clearance light at the top back of the trailer. You run with your parking lights on to power the camera. Works best if clearance lights are LED, that draw less current and do not cause voltage drops. Chris