Very Frustrated With Our New Sundance!!!!

shanise25

Well this is our first ever camper we own and maybe last, 2009 Sundance 2998 RB and it has been giving us trouble from the day we purchased it. Our main issue is the water leak in the living room(sometimes in our bedroom), we have brought it back to the dealership three times and a technican has come to camp site twice and the problem has not been fixed. We just do not know what else to do!!! If this is not fixed then we will have a rotten floor, full of mold camper and it seems to me the company we bought it from does not really care.

Is this normal???? Can it be replaced??? Can we get our money back???? Am i over reacting??????

THIS IS FROM THE SUNDANCE BROCHURE:

All slide room openings feature a double rubber wiper seal around the slide out opening, making water penetration virtually impossible, but we don’t stop there! Two bulb seals are put in (interior and exterior)​

Very frustrated customer!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
it seems like you have a DEALER problem. Have you contacted Heartland directly?

jimtoo

Hi Shanise25

This is not a normal thing and Monday morning I would recommend that you contact Heartland Customer service at 877-262-8032, toll free. They should be able to give you some help on this problem.

Jim M

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
If it's the living room and sometimes the bedroom I'd say it's a roof leak that's being overlooked and not the slide seals.

Call Heartland directly, they have a pretty good reputation for customer service. There is a possibility they may even have it picked up and brought back in to the factory to pressurize the unit to find out what is really happening when repeated atemps by dealerships prove fruitless.

I see this happen all the time with many manufacturers and in fact the first load I pulled this week was a warranty return to fix a problem that a dealer couldn't....... and the dealer tried 4 times.

fishn2dmax

Hi Shanise25

Can you give us a little more detail... As others have stated, it is NOT normal to have water leaks. Does this happen when it just rains normally or only during high winds and rain? Also, when you say sometimes in the bedroom, exactly where are you finding water coming in? From what little you've described it sound more like the roof than the slide seals.

Like others have indicated, I would contact Heartland directly and let them know of your challenges. I too would be very frustrated with you've gone through, a new trailer should not be leaking like this. Again this is not normal and I'm sure Heartland will make it right. Our best wishes for a speedy resolution. Keep us all updated.

Shanice, I am so sorry that you are having such trouble. We just purchased an '09 2998RB as well and LOVE it. I wish you were having the same experience. I can say that we had the same problem with a leak in the bedroom and one in the living room (by the cabinet where the tv is) after consulting this forum, we found out that we needed to put a bit (I mean a minuscule amount)of caulk at the floor where the shower pan meets. As for the leak in the living room, my husband is VERY handy and upon his own discovery found that a fitting inside the cabinet (he had to remove the board that hides the pipes) had been cross threaded. We also have had trouble with the back toilet leaking, but found that it is missing a ????? something, I forgot what he said. Sorry, I hope I have maybe given you an option of what could be wrong, a starting point? I hope you get this cleared up and can get past this, if you do, I'm sure you will be in LOVE instead of frustrated with your new sundance. Best wishes, Christin

shanise25

update...

They came and picked up our RV Thursday and it "should" be all fixed up by Tuesday...i will keep you guys updated

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
I hear you Shanise25, we too have a 2998 RB sundance and have been experiencing some problems as well. The service people have already been there twice and I just put a call in as our Air mattress has a leak and it needs to be replaced, we also had a water leak between the ent centre and the slide out where the sofa is, my hubby found that it was a valve that needed to be tightened but now it has caused the wood around the slide out to swell . Our day and night shades over the table have become frayed... And in many spots the molding needs to be either glued or stapled... It can be very frustrating...

Try caulking side edges on outside of forward and rearward windows. You will see that factory caulked only the tops, but I think water leaks in around sides.