ATF: Mallard - Are there Mallard manuals specific to each model?

I just bought a gently used 2017 Mallard M27 model from a private seller. He gave me a generic manual that applies to heartland 5th wheels, trailers, and toy haulers. Is there a manual that is specific to my particular model? I did not get the benefit of the dealer walk through and this is my first travel trailer. Needless to say, I don't even know where to start with figuring out what does what and where things are located. Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The manuals that we get are pretty generic.
Your best source of answers to your questions is right here on this Heartland Owners Forum.

Peace
Dave

Thanks. Will check out the user created versions. It's hard to ask questions of other owners when I don't even know what to ask (if that makes sense LOL). But hopefully the user manuals will provide a starting point. Thanks again!

klp605

x2 Dave, everyone here is very helpful.

Here is the link to Heartlands generic manuals. https://www.heartlandrvs.com/resources/utilities-menu/owners-manuals

Also, do you have any friends that own a TT? If so, see if he/she would give you a how to run through. Many of the functions/operations are similar across makes and models. ie: pumping out tanks, filling tanks, hot water heater, a/c.

If you are a visual person, Youtube is also a good spot.

Congrats on your purchase~

x2 Dave, everyone here is very helpful.

Here is the link to Heartlands generic manuals. https://www.heartlandrvs.com/resources/utilities-menu/owners-manuals

Also, do you have any friends that own a TT? If so, see if he/she would give you a how to run through. Many of the functions/operations are similar across makes and models. ie: pumping out tanks, filling tanks, hot water heater, a/c.

If you are a visual person, Youtube is also a good spot.

Congrats on your purchase~

thanks. We are excited about the upgrade from an old pop up. This trailer is like a luxury hotel compared to the pop up. I believe I have the black gray fresh water tank issues worked out thanks to YouTube. But was hoping for some form of manual or diagram showing where everything is so I can familiarize myself with the various parts. I think we will "camp" in our yard for a weekend and explore to see what we don't know and what we need to learn.

rahewett

Try and go to a rally. There you can talk to other owners and for sure they will help you out with any questions you have. The folks here are great and willing to help.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Try and go to a rally. There you can talk to other owners and for sure they will help you out with any questions you have. The folks here are great and willing to help.

Good idea. If one comes to the southeast, I certainly will try to make it.

There's a rally scheduled in September in Pine Mountain. Here is a link to information on that rally. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Thank you. Thats great. I'm 90 minutes from pine mountain. The link you sent is not a valid link. Can you repost?

Scott

- - - Updated - - -

SC rally next weekend, if you can make it.

Thanks. That's too short of notice to get off work but i appreciate the info. The September one in GA will be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. Thats great. I'm 90 minutes from pine mountain. The link you sent is not a valid link. Can you repost?

Scott
Thanks. That's too short of notice to get off work but i appreciate the info. The September one in GA will be perfect.
Link fixed. Sorry about that. Here it is again. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

PeterS

Hi there... We (I) was also flabbergasted after our first TT purchase and the rather quick walkthrough. Besides the aforementioned sources, we have found that just talking to camping neighbors yields a ton of information, help, shortcuts and tips.
Might even lead to onsite help from well equipped campers, which then results in an increased Amazon shopping cart after the trip --lol

Hi there... We (I) was also flabbergasted after our first TT purchase and the rather quick walkthrough. Besides the aforementioned sources, we have found that just talking to camping neighbors yields a ton of information, help, shortcuts and tips.
Might even lead to onsite help from well equipped campers, which then results in an increased Amazon shopping cart after the trip --lol

No kidding re: Amazon, LOL. I keep buying things based on what I have ben reading on the forums. I can only imagine what I will buy after our first trip.