toyota tundra how will it tow?

kamik3

I just bought a 2017 Prowler 32 lx i was planning on towing it with my 07 tundra crewmax 5.7 4x4 the dealer said it would be fine but after speaking to other campers i got a few raised eyebrows. Has anybody had experience with this combination?

danemayer

Hi kamik3,

I'd suggest you look at the placard on the trailer to find the actual Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). After you're loaded up that's probably close to the weight you'll be towing.

You can find the towing capacity for the truck on this site.

It's a good idea to have some margin. So if your towing capacity is 10,000 lbs., you might not want to exceed 8,500 lbs. on trailer weight. And of course, that presumes your truck is in tiptop shape.

esscobra

I don't own one but know lots of guys who do and the 5.7 can tow just about anything they say- but springs on truck aren't real heavy duty- guy who bought my previous trailer - 32ft eagle 8500+ had a older 5.0 - even with my wd hitch- truck squatted pretty good ad even he was a little nervous about hauling the weight- but said once he got on road had no issues an felt comfortable on interstate - where speed in texas is 70 and - so from gys who have them and tow a lot of stuff- you will want to get some heavy duty springs and or airbags

EB3

Look at rear axle load capacity it's usually the weak spot. My F150 is 11,200 tow spec, but the rear axle is 4,000 I tow 8,800 trailer. Don't forget all the crap you put in the truck bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EB3

One more thing, get a good WD hitch not cheap $750 or so. Then have the truck trailer weighed. Not a truck stop scale. Get them weighed with folks who weigh RV's so you know how much each wheel is carrying. Having the truck and trailer look level to each other is only half the story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk